Petrol Head PC racers in here ....

I think thats how it is … its the same for me at least.
I have an option in the windows/game controllers to run the pedals on a seperate axis … if you have the same then that might sort it, as on one axis they cancel each other out if both pressed.

+edit+
Yep … set the pedals to have one axis each in game controllers (you will need to re-set them in game too), and you can do both similtaneously … I could see this having advantages … but IL2 doesn’t like 2 pedals for rudder so I will have to remember to switch it back for IL2 … when I next crash due to improper rudder control, I will blame you :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorted it. You were quite right Majik, the pedals were seen as one controller and therefore brakes/throttle were 2 sides of one axis. There was an option in Control Panel to combine the pedals into a single axis - I’ve unchecked this and now all is well with the world. Now, laying down rubber is so much easier.

Now to get some cash earned so I can get to buy my lifetime dream - a Porche 911. Looks like a virtual 911 is as close as I’ll ever get. Apart from the Scalextric version I had as a kid.

WB.

Yeah … I have 2 of them in game … but one of my dream cars is the DeTomaso Pantera, I got two of those in game too :wink:
Basically an Italian design car, but wth a big American V8 motor.

When you come to buy the 911, go for the expensive one (one is 200K the rest are less) as I think this handles better than the others :wink:

Had a great blast last night, im still not very good at this racing lark thou, spent most of the time trying to get back on the track and please accept my apologies for anyone i may have rammed.

Will have to get some practice in.

P.S. Majik i have shown this game to my friend and looks like he will be getting it too.

Nice one Meako :slight_smile:

Regarding the seperate throttle axis … for me its a bit screwy … I blame Saitek TBH :rolleyes:

The problem is, I needed to unplug my joystick to set the wheel up (otherwise I cant assign any other controls for some reason … it always gives button 12 on JS1 as soon as I click).
Once done I can exit the game, plug in the X45 and restart the game, select controller 2 as my choice (cos even though I tell windows to set the wheel as primary, the X45 takes over as primary :mad: ).
After that malarkey all is well … until I set the pedals to seperate axis, then I go through the same routine, except it won’t remember the assigned controls for the wheel, and I cant re-asign them cos the X45 inteferes :rolleyes:

Why do I blame Saitek ? … cos they seem to be control freaks for USB, I have a Saitek K/B and have to disable some of its drivers in device manager or else it screws up the X45 … I wonder if Thrustmaster do a good stick and KB :roflmao:

I was wondering whether left foot braking whilst feathering the throttle was working. Just checked my setup and have now put it on seperate axis and it works.

Didn’t make it online this evening at all, last minute Christmas stuff…

I still want a Capri. :slight_smile:

I have a real problem with my game because of the copy protection (I think). It takes about a dozen spins in the drive, before the game will run - I have to pop the DVD out-in-out-in before it`ll work.

This is fine offline and its great there, but when trying to join an online-line game its just not feasible having to wait (and make everyone else wait) while my DVD GTL decides when it`ll choose to run.

I`ve removed Nero. Got rid of my PowerDVD utility, download the copy protection patch and installed, even tried a rain dance and still no joy.

The only remaining thing I can think pf is purchasing a new DVD drive which means paying more for GTL than i bargained for.

So for now i`ll just stay with NFS Most Wanted and offline with GTL.:mad:

Have you tried the starforce fix, Peace?

Alternatively is there a no-cd?

Yes, tried the Starforce fix, no joy. I was wondering if there was a no cd thing too. Anybody know?

No no-cd fix for starforce games that work as far as I am aware.
I take it the disk is clean and not scratched … only other thing is to e-mail starforce with the dvd drive model and see if they can sort it.
FYI I have Pioneer 109 DVD recorder and Samsung SM352B DVD-rom/CDRW combo drive and it works fine in both of those.

DVDs crystal clean, especially being only a couple of days old, but with the winding going on Im afraid it will soon be scratched. Its so annoying in that i dont have this problem with any other non-Starforce DVD game or product… Ive sent an email with my DVD make. truth to tell when i first installed GTL my heart sank when the starforce logo popped up as Ive had problems with it before.

The starforce thing is starting to piss me off too. I don’t like having to insert the disk everytime I want to play. Also it’s only a matter of time before one of me kids pulls it out of the drive and scratches it beyond repair.
I’ve tried all sorts of tricks to get it running without the disc…no joy at all. There are some discussion boards with some suggested work arounds but they mostly involve third party utilities and pulling all your IDE’s. I tried cloning the dvd and mounting it in a virtual drive but that didn’t work. So for now at least I’m forced to use the disk.
There are rumours that Maddox’'s BoB will use starforce :frowning: I hope not.

I can see a lot of companies using it in the future … simply becuase there isn’t a simple workaround, its the most secure copy protection around … and AFAIK UBI are going to be using it on all their new titles :frowning:

I used to have issues with it, but the newer versions have fixed that for me.

Anyone fancy a session tonight ?
I will be in the TS channel if so :slight_smile:

What should be the first car I buy really? Should I get something like the first Jaguar available, or save up?

IMO early in the game the first car to get would be the Alfa GTA … best car in its class, and capable of running with the faster cars in other races as its handling is excellent :slight_smile:

Finally got some driving done last night, for the first time since I got my TIR (and widescreen monitor). I have to say, the TIR helps alot when cornering!

You get the proper view of the turn, and have much better control of when to put the pedal to the medal out of it :slight_smile:

Also bought my Alfa. Woot.

Majik you will be pleased to hear that i have got one of my friends to buy the game after showing him my copy over Xmas.

Friday comes again and as usual I shall be on TS from 20:00 awaiting any others to come race, venue and car set will be decided by lowest common denominator :slight_smile:

Just a small amount of us online tonight, was great fun though, meako might have some nice screenies of Thor and myself in Jag MKII dodgems action !

I will likely be about Saturday evening too, so feel free to join me in coms all :slight_smile: