Petrol Head PC racers in here ....

TBH guys, I havent been keeping track of which wheel is the best … my few years old Thrustmaster Ferrari FF is proving a worthy investment, but that model is no longer available.
The Logitech Momo seems to be a popular choice, but for less money then I dont know … the wheel Brigs has linked ticks all the boxes for the cash for sure :slight_smile:

Pedals normaly come with the wheels, I am not sure GTL supports multi controllers so thats some thing to consider Whiskey …

FF is also very usefall for feeling the cars grip I find.

Other than that … hope to see you all in a race soon :smiley:

Luckily GTL supports multi controllers. :slight_smile:
However I think I’m going with the Ferrari FF from Thrustmaster. Price is right for what I want. If I get the driving bug (bearing in mind I drove/rode for a living nearly all my working life before I got into IT) I can spend more later next year.
See you all on the track. :smiley:

If its anything like mine Brigs, you won’t be dissapointed :wink:

This would be on my shopping list if I needed a new wheel … but I don’t :slight_smile:
http://europe.thrustmaster.com/eng/d_prd.php?p=T310&fam=4

I do I’m on basic kit Saitek 20 quid that’s all they had when I bought the game. Sim. :slight_smile:

Thanks Majik will definitely look for that TM one

Ming

Its here… :w00t:

Wheel as well ?
Tomorow (Friday) night I am on TS from 20:00, if you fancy joining us jump in the OPF channel, hopefully we will have a few of us, Ming, Meako, Johnny Red, and Thor have the game and may well be joining through the evening.

If everyone who can make it could post what sort of time they will be available we can get a session set up :slight_smile:

Wheel as well ?

Oh yes… :slight_smile:

I’ve not installed it yet. Will install in the afternoon. I will be online, I’ll try for 8pm.

Will install in the afternoon. I will be online…

…Tuesday :slight_smile:

Starforce grr

Ming

Christmas is now here!

New HP f2105 widescreen 21" LCD installed yesterday, CHECK!
TrackIR 4 arrived via FedEx today, CHECK!
GT Legends installed and patched, CHECK!
Logitech Momo Force installed, CHECK!

D R O O L

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Yep don’t forget the patch Keets :slight_smile:
http://www.gt-legends.com/news_en.php?news=20051128

And … if everyone can set their net connection speed to 56k, seems to work the best so far :slight_smile:

Will you be joining us tommorow evening then Maddog ? :slight_smile:

Ok … just a heads up … class will be the same as starter cars, so all new players can be on equally competative equipment.
Track will be Hockenheim short, its a nice flowing track that doesn’t take to long to learn, and now you know which track we are running, you can get some practice in :slight_smile:

I aim to start with practice session, followed by quali, then the race, which will be set for 7 laps initially.
practice/quali sessions can be finished manually once everyone is happy.

Afraid not, gone for the holidays then, back on monday night.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That is AMAZING… That’s floored me. :slight_smile:

I’m out tonight but I’m going to have to earn some credits before I can practise Hockenheim, can’t wait.

Have wheel, but not game yet. Hopefully Mr Postie will bring it tomorrow. In the mean time I’m practising with the demo but bugger me its hard. I’m on full real settings Majik, as you suggested but having a few probs with the clutch control. It’s on auto I think but everytime I brake and slow down for a corner if I try to change down a gear or 2 I end up spinning. Any tips? What should the clutch be set to (auto or manual) when running at the Professional level?

Whiskey ‘Gravel Trap’ Bravo

I just checked and you have to win cup A challenge to unlock Hockenheim, so I will switch it to Donington national if everyone hasn’t got to that stage tommorow evening.
Dont forget to set the level to amateur (so the AI opponents don’t leave you for dust), then manually disable traction control and ABS with F5 and F6 (IIRC).
You can run it on lower level, it doesn’t effect what you unlock, just the amount of credits you get for each cup challenge won, but then you will need to disable a lot of other “helps” … just go throught the F keys from 1 to 6 and set the “helps” off.

Firstly, yes auto is fine for the clutch, for those of us without a clutch pedal its the only option :wink:
You probably need to change down later, the back is stepping out because the engine isn’t matched to the speed.
I totally avoid changing to first at anytime once I am moving, as it usually spins me out as most cars first to second gearing is quite a jump.
Setting coast differential to 10% can help a certain amount for this too.

I found this guide to what unlocks what on another forum … it is handy so you dont spend your credits on a car that you might win :wink:
Also you can do the races that get the cars first, and use them to help your challenge.

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=227133

That forum is a handy place to get tips on set-up etc, once you battle through the whinging thats seems so common these days :frowning:

Wheel is here and my TIR4…but no gtl yet :frowning:

Hope it comes today or it’s going to be after christmas before the carnage starts :slight_smile:

Play are normally pretty quick … perhaps they ran out of stock :frowning:
Fingers crossed it gets here soon.

How does the wheel feel ?

Postie has just been :smiley:

The wheel, it came yesterday and I havn’t even looked at it yet because as a special Xmas present HSBC food poisoned me. I felt awful last night and have taken today off. I’m going to have a bash at it all this afternoon.

All told all my Xmas pressies have arrived:
TIR4 :smiley:
NTL 10mb :rolleyes: more to follow
Wheel :slight_smile:
GTL :smiley:

Cheating a bit I suppose, 'cos I shouldn’t really touch them until Sunday, but hey Ho I’m sure Santa wont mind if I road test everything before the big day