What will you fly come CoD?

Who’s interested in dedicated squadrons for CoD, becomeing as competant at flying your chosen aircraft as possible with the aim of defending blighty and defeating our adversaries.

I signed up for a Hurricane Wing

do we have a Tiger Moth Squad?

:)) not yet nepe, never thought of that option, guess thats one for the OTC to take up.

hmmmm.

Then I am a Spit guy, beauty comes first. I will cover you while you engage slow, fat bombers :slight_smile:

I will cover you while you engage slow, fat bombers

Quite right Nepe, keep those fragile Spitfires away from the danger, leave it to the much more manly and robust hurricane’s.

:roflmao:

Sporran

Would it not be great to start on the Hurricane and move up to the Spitfires??

Would it not be great to start on the Hurricane and move up to the Spitfires??

Hi Kris

Hopefully the sim will be complex enough that, as in real life, its not just a case of picking another plane and hitting “fly”

I have heard of stuff like “gimbal locking” and “pitot heater” being mentioned, which makes me hope, finaly, an experience worth having is being created.

Hope your doing well and hopefully get a chat on bfs ts soon

~S~

Sporran

While I suspect I’ll end up flying everything, my preference is most likely to be the Spit, my true love. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sporran do i understand you correctly, you are proposing to replace our current squadrons 19, 92, 602, 51 etc with new squadrons dedicated to particular aircraft types ?

I personally would not want to be so restricted to the main type if fly, especially since we get so few with COD compared to IL2.

Where are the Messerschmits :stuck_out_tongue:

Sporran do i understand you correctly, you are proposing to replace our current squadrons 19, 92, 602, 51 etc with new squadrons dedicated to particular aircraft types ?

I dont think there is a proposal in my post, just a question, so, erm, no.:confused:

[ I have heavily self edited this post Meako, i inapropriatly answered your question, please accept my appologies ]

this should clarify

Come the release of IL2:BoB i shall be returning to flying, what my goal come that time is to join up with some like minded pilots, hopefully focusing on the hurricane. The poll is my way of finding out if there is sufficient interest within EAF to support that goal.

I imagine when released I will fly both the spit and the hurri.

Hopefully it will be a catalyst for many more eaf pilots to return to active duty.

Well I’ll be flying everything, my great love of IL2 is the variety of a/c offered. My greatest fear for CoD/SoW is the lack of aircraft types offered. However I am really hoping to see a Westland Whirlwind one day and use it as it should of been used, failing that I’m fancying some night fighter action in a Blenheim or Beaufighter :slight_smile:

Gareth,
Maybe the fact that there are fewer aircraft may be CoD’s saving grace.

IL2 is/was great, but the sheer number of aircraft can cause problems, especially with ‘open’ servers and the ever present problem of hotch potch mixing (La’s on the Western front etc).

The popular servers last time I was on H/L (I admit it was several months ago) appeared to be the Battle of Britain selection, followed by those with Desert set-ups, so I don’t see fewer as detrimental.

Saying that I look forward to expansions such as the Whirly Bird, hopefully the Spitfire IIa/b etc and it would be interesting to fly with like minded peeps.

I completely agree Kris, I like the ‘themed’ dogfights with limited a/c sets as fighting a La5FN with a Mustang just isn’t right, I dont like completely open dogfights. But I do like the option of buzzing around the islands and seas of New Guinea in a P38 chasing down Zeros and Bettys and in my very next dogfight I can find myself tearing around the desert in a Tomahawk being outclassed by Friedrich 109s :slight_smile: follow that up with a little jaunt around the mediterranean as fleet air arm pilot before finally flying a few sorties defending good ol blighty from the aerial armadas of the luftwaffe. The best thing about IL2 and all its mods and moving dog-fights is that those scenarios can all be found on one server as it changes between missions, variety is the spice of life. I just worry how long CoD will keep my interest, as beautiful and immersive as it may prove to be I just dont think it will have much longevity for me personally if mission after mission sees me engaging great bomber formations or a basic dogfight between Spitfires, Hurricanes and 109s :slight_smile: I’m sure it will be great fun for a while though :smiley:

Tiger Moth of course!

We are role-players and Charley Varrick :slight_smile:

Ming

I’ll fly the Hurri from day one. :slight_smile:

Not only did the Norwegians initially fly them, like many of the foreign squadrons, but also the Hurri has this special charm I cannot fully point down, in either way it’s an aircraft for me. :slight_smile:

And if it wont be the Hurri well then let me take a Blenheimer then. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anything and Everything :slight_smile:

I think I remember Oleg (years back mind) talking about crewable anti-aircraft artillery, there’ll be surprises anyway I’m almost sure: those Oleg-forests were an eye-opener

Ming

At he moment looks like everything is still a dream.

While I suspect I’ll end up flying everything, my preference is most likely to be the Spit

The boss already spoke, so I have anything more to add. (Moreover 51 was a Macchi and Spit Squadron. Nevertheless Cr42 coluld be also an option, as the Italians in Belgium were just a kind of “detachement” from 51° Stormo :slight_smile: ).