Rolling Thunder

As some of you know, I released a trailer for the fresh Rolling Thunder games for armour enthusiasts and those who wish to participate in large scale tank PvP some weeks ago.:slight_smile:

On the 28th of May, the 2nd battle commenced in Rolling Thunder (1st battle was before trailer) - it was a breathtaking atmosphere, with lots of tension and suspense, immediately cut loose by awesome and swift tank engagements, both far away and deadly close!

The following video is combat footage from BLUFOR, 2nd Platoon, Bravo Lead tank.

TC (Tank Commander): FishBone
Gunner: Stuntman
Driver: Mark

All members of the Unit 19 mil-sim tank group. In addition, there were three other tanks manned by U19 crews, one which was on REDFOR. Multiple clan groups and individuals also participated and crewed tanks, in this large scale tank operation on both sides, open to anyone who would like a different experience!:wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3oZ6QlAJoI

Make sure to enjoy it in 1080p and full screen!:smiley:

This was why I wasn’t here on Thursday :o - Battle 3 in the ongoing chapter of history making of great tank battles in ArmA 2! Rolling Thunder! :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypDKLUJQ5cc

Very immersive to watch. What music did you use?

Trailer/Epic/Movie production music from Immediate Music, Two Steps From Hell, and Audiomachine.

In chronological order in the video (name, album, artist):

Hell’s Battalion, Platinum Series III - Eterna, Audiomachine
Barbarians At The Gate, Abbey Road, Immediate Music
Otherworld, Pathogen, Two Steps From Hell
Vengeance, Abbey Road, Immediate Music
Def Con, Abbey Road, Immediate Music
With Great Power, Abbey Road, Immediate Music

:slight_smile:

God that battle was intense! Tanks were so hard to spot, blending so well with the linear landscape, vegetation and distance (every bush looked like a tank turret), not to mention the foggy dawn. Us in the big M1’s usually got spotted first, and had to attack second. Still, we usually found the buggers quickly enough.

Obviously, much of the fun is through the serious play style I’m doing with the Unit19 milsim group, which is now discontinued unfortunately, so it was a memorable re-gathering.

I am sorry that is disbanded. You had something great.
BTW: Are you using MS Movie Maker or Sony Vegas?

Hoho…no…no Movie Maker, but Vegas. :slight_smile:

Really, that doesn’t matter. Anything more advanced than Movie Maker should do any ingame video editing much justice. I think Cyberlink Powerdirector is the best freeware out there.

Yeah, it’s a shame Unit19 had to go down, but it was absolutely understandable, as our CO really put too much effort into making it the most professional ArmA 2 group - and he did, but he became a “slave of his own concept” in the end, as he said himself. I understand him for that and the disbanding happened with good spirits. We are going to try and have some re-gatherings once in a while. We have been invited to a COOP campaign, but using APC’s. As long as I can roll with them, any tin can is ok - we have warfare for APC’s too so it will work well.

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Let me present you the fourth edition of Rolling Thunder tank PvP!

Now if you haven’t watched the two other battles I have recorded, I strongly recommend you to watch them! Then you will be ready for the latest edition - battle 4! :banana:

Whether you will watch all three with enthusiasm, or just the latest one - They all will hopefully give you an exciting and thrilling experience! :slight_smile:

All in FULL HD! :smiley:

Battle 2 - Cold War! Leopard 2A4 vs T90A!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3oZ6QlAJoI

Battle 3 - Operation Desert Storm! M1A1 + M60 vs T72 + T64!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypDKLUJQ5cc

And finally: Battle 4 - Modern Cold War! - M1A1 vs T90A!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdwZwtFXDkc

Happy Hunting! :slight_smile:

While rendering I forgot that I didn’t unmute all the music in RT4 video - thus half of the music is gone. Now I have re-uploaded the video and it now contains all the music. :rolleyes:

Link is in former post.

Re-uploaded a new version again, this time it is much more understandable and inclusive for new viewers or people that didn’t participate in the battle - you guys. :smiley:

Is the mirror to the lower right the commanders view?

Have you seen the latest vid (I deleted the old ones)? I put in a lot of text to help the viewer - no it is another tank completely, from the drivers view, and also a few times from the commander’s.

If you look closely each time the mirror pops up, there is a message above indicating what unit it is (either 1-Bravo or 1-Lead.)

I was 1-Alfa, which I hope you understood. :roflmao:

I’m proud to present, the fifth event of Rolling Thunder!

THE SCENARIO (FICTIVE):

The date is September 4th, 1987.
In Syria, the Hatay Province has been a topic of dispute for many years.
Syria states that this province is originally theirs and has recently mobilized to seize this area, which is currently considered Turkish soil.
The Turkish Army, assisted by a British originated NATO unit, is moving to counter this threat.

This battle was quite interesting and special! Both sides were fighting in non-stabilized turrets and with only rangefinders - thus the battle was much more bloody and crude.

Unfortunately there was an annoying problem with my microphone: it had suddenly gone to default values after a restart, thus my voice is VERY low - I have therefore put in subtitles wherever I speak, plus on other important messages!

Else I have also as you may notice in the video, cropped the screen to zoom in on the action to remove all the dead borders around the viewports. The problem with this was that the HUD would then disappear.

Therefore I have masked them and successfully put them back where they belong, even if the frame is zoomed in.

I have put a lot of work into this and I really hope you all will enjoy this video as much as I have enjoyed making this series. I also hope you will enjoy future releases as well.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the mayhem in 1080p!

http://youtu.be/vLijQi-F_p4

Very nice :smiley:
Not as thrilling as one of those you made in the past.
Sound seems to be out at sync some times but I like the background music.
Very good resolution!
Is the text in the screen game related or added by you?

Since I have trouble with my performace when recording could you please post your setup?
Recording application, recording resolution, recording FPS, disk setup, CPU, VGA, V-sync, RAM, etc…?

BTW: Thumbs up to the quick gunner who hits everything moving :sniper:

Nice work Stuntman.
Are you using any special mods when playing these scenarios?

Very very very Cool !!!
Probably with this game I would have more success that with airplanes …
A jump in the past for me that I got goosebumps…
I was tank commander M60 A1 when I did my military service, and once I get the new PC I’d like to come and play with you …
The videos are very powerful and I felt every time you shoot the shell falling into the tower and I could see that serving reloaded.
What a thrill to shoot the cannon and what a bad job of serving!
Will post one of my photos on the tank asap;)

look at this incredible mod
expecially at flying deck crew
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwrLE0iN5as&feature=related

Thank you very much everyone for your kind words! I would really appreciate a chat with you all if possible some time on TS if you have some constructive criticism (huge pun for S******* :)).

I would especially love to hear what made it positively and negatively different from the other releases, that is for example - was it more or less exciting, more or less attention, or anything that felt wrong or strange in your viewer experience etc - everything is welcome. :slight_smile:

Oh yes, Wildy - Unit 19, we were doing a mission with that unit (15th MEU) once with that huge ship - I cant say much because of that but it was interesting. :smiley:

anyway good team work guys!

For some reason I have been cut off from the EAF forum for more than a week, but still…

Now I shall present you, ladies and gentlemen…after many weeks of exams and paperwork delaying its release for quite some time…

Rolling Thunder Battle 6 - ArmA 2 Large Scale Tank PVP

Yes it is Rolling Thunder Battle 6! And this time it’s longer than ever! :cool:

Boost up your speakers and enjoy over 40 minutes of tank action & platoon teamwork! I have balanced the audio so there is no distortion what so ever and is completely safe to boost your speakers to the max! :banana:

You may wonder why it is so long, that is because I wanted to show more of the teamwork, comms and movement that eventually causes the action, rather than just the action. I think most people will enjoy seeing all the steps. :slight_smile:

This one is in many ways the best gameplay video I have made yet…quite a lot of time went into the small nitpicking details of erasing and balancing out sounds and image colour correction…plus some after-event post shots to really top the viewing experience :slight_smile:

Enjoy in 1080p, as always! :wink:

Rolling Thunder 7 is just around the corner, commencing on Tuesday 10th July. Here are the members of the discontinued Mil-Sim tank group Unit 19 preparing for battle on their own tank firing range!

Watch immersive and action-packed training footage on this huge firing range. Also be sure to watch the behind-the-scenes afterwards in the second video below! :wink:

Unit 19 Training for Rolling Thunder 7
ArmA 2 - Unit 19 Training for Rolling Thunder 7

…and here is behind-the-scenes AKA “Gekkibi Edition” - lol
ArmA 2 - Unit 19 Training for Rolling Thunder 7 - Gekkibi Edition

As always, enjoy in 1080p! :slight_smile: