new pc

Wouldn’t mind peoples opinion, and if anyone has a better solution for £700

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/viewcart.php

Stevie

Basket empty…

make a photo of the rig…

Oops sorry
try this link

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-001-OG&groupid=43&catid=2479

CPU intel i5 4690 @3.5
Samsung 250 evo 840 ssd
G force 750ti 2048
Ram 8gb @ 1600
Windows7 home premium 64
standard case

Stevie

Morn Red.

450w psu? Can it be upgraded to at least 600w? A rig builder I once knew would not make gaming rigs with less than 600w… just an observation.

Might be worh adding a sound card too

Good luck m8

Charlie.

Sounds great Red. But as Charlie said, get a stronger PSU of good quality. I think mine is 800W and works just fine. No sound card required if the motherboard has on board sound. I would get an ASUS MB. I got one and it’s great!

Edit.
I see it has a Z97 ASUS MB. Don’t know anything about this one, but if ASUS makes it, it should be good.

The only reason I mentioned a sound card is that I have on board sound on my pc but when the AI chat it causes micro stutters in the game and thats on an i7 chip with 16Gb of ram.

I was told that having a separate sound card would overcome this, although I still haven’t got one :rolleyes:

Seems a very well balanced rig
samsung evo is one of the best for the bucks
and the video card should make wonders
i5 @3.5 will do well!

you won’t have problems with actual and near future games
considering the run for ghz and power has slowed down this rig should last much longer than in the past!

as for the psu last generations of graphic cards chips and cpu is less power demanding and so rig builders are using less powerful psu… Having a bigger one wouldn’t hurt…

PSU should be OK. Modern CPU and GPU are not so heavy on the power these days.
That PSU will do the job for what you have listed.

If you want to upgrade to SLI and add multiple HDDs you may need to move to a 600/750.

The days of 1000 watt PSU to run high end PC’s are behind us

Back last year when I was thinking of buying this PC the funds ran out (the wife had other idea’s) so I now have updated PC to the one in the first post which arrived on Friday from Overclockers

GPU: GTX 970 4096mb
Memory: 2x4gb DDR3
Motherboard: Asus Z97K
Processor: i7-4790@4.00ghz (4.4 in turbo mode)
Win 7 Pro
Xonar sound card
Samsung 500gb SSD and 1tb HDD

And still a 450w psu:D

Now all I have to do is install everything and get patched up and I’m ready to go:banana:

Stevie

Just what we need…another Jock at Westhampnett! :smiley:

Well done Red and god speed with installations

Oh lovely rig there Red, and see what you get for waiting. That will run cod lovely, and anything else.

All green eyed here.

Will be cool to see you on the rosta Stevie.

Cheers lads
Gonna take me a bit of time to get up to speed Swoop, but looking forward to it

Stevie

Please get a stronger PSU…Good to have excess power.

Red, that is an excellent spec. Congratulations, much better than the original you looked at.
It’s pretty much what I was looking at for CPU, board and GPU at christmas and I didn’t veer to far from it in the end either.

You did well there. That 970 makes a lot of sense given the gap in price between the 970 and the 980 and the actual improvement in performance. The 970 is a sweet spot for high end cards at the moment IMO

The PSU is fine too, don’t worry. It has what you need, those Intel CPUs and the Nvidia GPU have a much lower drain than in previous years. Unless you are planning to go SLI or add half a dozen HDDs.

Me I went mini ITX in the end. Used an ASUS Z79i board (lovely BIOS) same 4790 as you and a (on sale, cheap as chips) GTX 780ti. The board supports M.2 SSD, which is an onboard SSD. Slots in like a small stick of RAM, so I picked up a 240 for it as I only used a couple of games on my flying PC. So I have a nice compact, everything on the MB set up in a Coolermaster half height case with a Corsair 80i cooling the CPU. And a 500 watt PSU.

It’s whisper quiet, compact and takes everything I throw at it in it’s stride. Despite the fact that is plugs into a Samsung 32 monitor @ 2560x1440

Red, me old son, welcome to the new world :slight_smile:

Excellent stuff Red - that’s a cracking spec!

See you soon in the virtual skies!

Lovely specs to Brigs, all in a small bundle. I built my pc a while back on an z77 board with an I5 OC’ed @ 4ghz and upgraded to a 780 and a 120 ssd for my operating system and cod. I’m impressed how much quieter and cooler the kit is now. I have a digital temp display and fan control on the case and it doesn’t go past 23c inside the case and just a quiet hum all on air. Water cooling on the next build, but right now it’s fast enough.

I’m flying on a Sony 42" gaming hdtv at 1080p and still struggle to spot stuff, my little boy spots them quicker so I know it’s my eyes :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking forward to getting my reconditioned msff2 red version back from Germany and maybe the last Ms repairer left. Oddly he’s fixing my stick so I can shoot more jerries down :wink:

How do you fair with the high res Brigs? Bet it goods lovely, I really like Samsung’s bright displays but I wouldn’t spot a thing.

The increased real estate and res has improved my spotting abilities no end.
A lot better than the 1080 I was using last year

Red, me old son, welcome to the new world

Think I’ve just fell in love with flight sims all over again:roflmao:

Running Cliffs and BoS on full settings is one hell of an eye opener and that’s just on a 20" tv, Now just waiting on monitor arriving http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-067-AC&groupid=17&catid=948

Stevie

Great news Stevie and both of those sims just run great now with all the patching (for most :() and they look great. Its a big step up from Il2 in eye candy and you should be a happy boy. Wait till you get into SOW with squadron flying again and the BoB campaign about to kick off you won’t know what to do with yourself. :smiley:

Will be interested in how you find the G-Sync monitor, its running at a 1080p so it should be super smooth with your setup.

Brigs how are finding the Oculus rift with DCS, any good?

+1
very interested!

PS does the oculus works with CLod?