Merry Christmas everybody

Thanks, and you too :smiling_face:
I have been working on a new configuration file for my solo Warthog throttle and my new stick during december :sweat:
Its not perfect, but I think It will do for participating in the IL2-BoX campaign :saluting_face:

3 Likes

Xmas gift!!!

Merry Christmas GIF by Leadrs

This is a wonderful news nick!!! Happy to have you back on board!

I took a major step to get back into the air the week :grinning:
Manufatures of my stick, throttle, pedals and TrackIR all recommend that we don’t use a USB hub :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
And for as long as I can remenber I have had a lack of USB connections.
So I fianlly bought a USB controller card (and and eSATA card) and a USB connector cable for the remaining USB connections on my motherboard.
I had estimated this upgrade to take a couple of hours, but I ended up more than 8 hours :persevere:
What started out as a few cards and a connector ended up with a stripping the computer down to just the case with the motherboard (with cpu+cooler).
The build quality of the backplace the case has always been a bit off. Which resulted in a loose network cable, and having to displace the grafix card a few milimeters in order to be able to connect the monitor cable.
With the need for space to the new controller cards, this was no longer an option :lying_face:
So I ended up operating on the case with a dremmel tool :mask:
and rewiring all the cable incluting those around my desk :smile:
I am already in love with this new upgrad :heart_eyes:
It gives me the flexability to have 2 free USB connections for USB stick and portable harddisk AND I am finally ready to fly :grin:

4 Likes

So, will we see you monday evening??? :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

MMM A little overkilll!

i have everything going trough a good quality USB 7 port hub!

also leap motion wich is critical doesn’t have problems!
this also makes flight sim peripheral management easier with an usb shoot down button and a power strip!

the only thing connected directly trough pc is arduino cause managing the data flow from DCS bios is huge…! (arduino controls the Bug Force Feedback :tm: )

Anyway happy you are satisfied with your new setup!

1 Like

I am working on getting ready for tonigt right now…but that is on BoX.
No time for DCS at the moment.

@Jimmi_EAF51
What is a good quality USB hub?
Make and model, please :smile: -)

And what is an “Bug Force Feedback”?
I am unable to find a good link to your reference :pensive:

Absolutely talking about box, we are preparing for a campaign, specifically on the dark side this evening :wink:

1 Like

Star Wars GIF

5 Likes

This is the link to your reference :smiley:
oops, in italian :disguised_face:

anyway, @Jimmi_EAF51 can provide few pictures of its setup. Better structure and electronics…

“Shiney, Lets be bad guys”

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I can’t find out where my F trackIR cable are going, but the F*** thing is not on :exploding_head:

finally got it nailed down :grinning:

Good to hear you again on TS Starfire!

1 Like

And you too :face_holding_back_tears:

I hope all is well.

1 Like

When I flew yesterday, one of you had only basic controls on his HOTAS.
If it is a Thrusmaster, I would like to help!

I have quite a lot of experiance with programming Thrustmasters, and my current need to reprogram my own will force me to get reaquinted with the programming.

it was me but to be honest i don’t mind using keyboard for majority of the stuff, i’m just used to it, thanks anyway

after some hit and miss found this

paired with this longer cable

and together they works like a charm!
Note for the peripherals attached (mfg pedals, wharthog throttle and Vkb stick) I don’t need the power supply and the usb hub works fine without it ( the external amplifier/sound card for the bass shaker, and the SIMSHAKER JETPAd have their own power supplies…)

I’ll definitely need to post some pictures of my setup!

2 Likes