Its on the way!

Armed Assault, posted from play.com yesterday… Soon, soon! :smiley:

Hmmm, time for me to check the local gamestore then… :smiley:

Nice thanks for the heads-up Trooper!

Ming

I’m hoping it may arrive by tomorrows post… (may be just wishful thinking)…
If it does, I’m going to be giving QBO’s by mid afternoon. My platoon will moving up to the FUP shortly after, and I should have crossed the startline 10 mins after that. Probably won’t go for the ‘noisy’ attack, as I want suprise on my side.

See you in the FMB!:smiley:

U git!

I was hoping for some good news on Knights of the Sky :smiley:

Bonus… Came today! Already taking incoming and trying to win the firefight… 'CHARLIE FIRE TEAM, PREPARE TO MOVE! YOU ARE GOING LEFT FLANKING… DELTA! STANDBY TO SUPPRESS THAT BUNKER, AND SWITCH FIRE ON MY ORDER…
CHARLIE, MOVE NOW!!:smiley:

Any reviews on this for us yet chaps? I’ve been ill and feeling sorry for myself so I might treat myself to a new game to cheer me up!

What’s your verdict? Looks good from the reviews I’ve seen so far.

WB.

Recd my copy last week, initially i had a lot of crashes, but things have settled down now. It is very similar to OFP and im enjoying it. i would say OFP with its niggles but with superior graphics.

Can’t wait till we get a EGF squad working together.

Im still playing OFP with the new FFUR SLX mod, apparently a lot of people have stoped playing AA for this:D

Its proving to be every bit as good as its predecessor, all be it as stated, a little buggy.
Once you have found the particular settings that work for you its fine, and I’m enjoying it as much as OFP.
The map is HUGE… and some of the missions visualy are stunning. You have to put up with some of the crap English narrative and briefings menu…(same as OFP really) but you can except that and get past it.
Overall, for me anyway, worth the money, and as I’d played OFP before, it was a pretty seemless transition to operating AA.:slight_smile:

Thanks chaps.

I remember having a blast with OFP many years ago (5-6 years? :eek: ) and I’m wondering if its worth a re-install with the mods that have been mentioned?

Or should I go with ArmA and get modern?

Decisions, decisions!

WB.

This is the new FFUR SLX mod for ofp

I can tell you right now that AA’s graphics ae far superior than Dans last pic… However, the game controls are almost identical to OFP, so its easy to convert if you are used to it already…

I got OFP still installed, the problem got with ofp the were so many mods about you had difficulty finding enough people with the same mod to play with.

Been playing RO, think Ill stick with that until Its Bug free. :frowning:

Went past the gameshop on lunch, but they had not recieved it yet then, will try to pop by tomorrow, should be in by then…

While RO is pretty good I could never compare with OFP for me, so I have high hopes for ArmA, even though it might have some bugs in the beginning. :slight_smile:

Another run to the gamestore today at lunch, successful this time. :smiley:

Too early to say very much, but it’s OFP with some improvements, and I have loved OFP. :slight_smile:

New patch to be released today chaps!

Looks like they might have fixed the grass issue and implemented a free-aim weapon system (so your weapon view is not tied to your movement) and you can line up iron sights with TrackIR!!

Plus STOVL flying with the Harrier!!

Have to pick this up now!!

Ugh! I have too many games to play already!

Supreme Commander
The Eternal Addiction - aka WoW
IL-2 1946
Battlestations Midway
Gears of War
Call of Duty 3
And more!

Gaaah! Hilfe!

when i play this game my track ir does not work, is there anything i should be doing ?