Armed Assault: EGF personnel listing

EVE:Online, the space-based MMO game? I really wanted to get into that a few years ago, but wasn’t able on our domestic LAN… The ArmA demo works fine for me, mostly, though.

Wish it worked fine for me, i have the same probs as the rest, when i want to turn up the gfx and res i get BSOD…never mind

I’m running the demo on Generally Low graphics settings - it looks OK to me!

Hi there, Just wanted to say that I also have Armed Assault.

So you can just count me in!:wink:

Thanks
Stuntman

Found this game going dirt cheap so I thought why not. Gotta say Im impressed so far, maybe its cos I`ve only run the 1.08 version. Took me days to set up the keys right and a couple of those single-player missions are HARD, like the one where you have to destroy some tanks and bmps. On my SIXTH attempt, I planted a satchel charge on the closest BMP, went ALL the way round to a house and got in position.

I started sniping a few soldiers, when they started running in my direction, I set off the satchel charge, then took out 1 BMPs\BTRS anks and a military re-enforcement truck with my bazooka. Then ran to top of stairs and killed about 5 troops that tried to get me up the stairs. Grabbed a dead man`s rpg and destroyed the remaining bmps.

It was still hairy with troops milling about so decided i`d go home. The enemy chopper had destroyed my extraction so I decided to take a looong walk back home (reminds me of real life a bit).

Got shot at by a lone soldier, wounded. I threw a grnade in his direction and ran. Came to lake and decided to try and swim to other side as it would avoid a nearby enemy lighthouse and hopefully that damn chopper. To my surprise, lost my weapons and kit and most of all my night-vision goggles. Chopper came over so I dove underwater- nearly drowned.:roflmao:

Finally got on land, found I could only crawl, so crawled all the way back to base in pitch blacknes with that damn chopper hovering near by the whole time. Only took about 2 hours of patience.

I think I took the hardest way to complete that mission, but boy was it immersive. My one whine is, would command really send ONE man on such a mission? I dont think so. Oh and howd that chopper know where I was the whole time even when I was crawling in pain through forest for 15 minutes?

So can I be EGF_Peacemaker. (which was really the original point of this post!:cool:)

Peacemaker you’re already enrolled in the real EGF personnel listing nearby

Ming

ok. Didn`t realise it meant for every game. Great.

I haven’t played it in a while, simply due to lack of time. Have anyone tried it online? I’ve popped in on a online game, but got stuck in a chopper (not as pilot) and couldn’t get out, so in the end I simply left the game, but I got the feeling that online gaming had improved a lot since OFP, despite my problem.

As to the missions, that immersiveness is what sets this apart from all the other shooters I have tried. :slight_smile:

Well Ive had real no probs at all, but I think its the 1.o8 Patch thats done it. Been online several times now. Main problems is not so much the game, but lack of teamwork (if they dont know you theyre not interested) and stupid T\kers who do it cos they cant kill the enemy and get bored. There are some connection issues, which seem to kick in later in the day when a lot of guys are joining, but once you find a reasonable group and work together it`s very good.

Hmm, had missed that there was a new patch out, time to download it! :slight_smile:

Ok I’ll do it myself :slight_smile:

Ming

Since installing the new patch ArmA will no longer launch. :frowning:

This may help Mikke?

Problem was after the last patch (latest right now) - would not even start to run the game, no little tick boxes or anything, no DVD drive spinning up - perhaps you have this problem too. An earlier patch, the one after the DVD install messes things up later

Ming

Sounds very familiar Ming, will read through the thread. I don’t get any error message or anything. When I try to start it, I can see that the exe does start (in Task Manager), starts to use memory, then simply shuts down, no error message or anything…

Edit: I have the correct 1.05 patch, and think I have the correct 1.08 as well. Will try reinstalling.

Reinstalling didn’t help. :frowning: Bet it’s that damn copy protection that mess things up. :mad:

Problem solved! Was SecuROM that messed things up, am I surprised? :rolleyes:

To summarize:

for those unable to launch ArmA Securom version 1.08 application doesn’t boot at all without any error message, there are fixed executables provided from Securom:

Fix for international version of 1.08

Didnt have any problems here. Glad youre sorted.

Soldier reporting for duty Sah!

My beloved Katy went out and bought me Armed Assault as a get well gift, I must admit though I am struggling to get into it right now, probably because I am unable to complete the first single mission.

How the hell are you supposed to stop that truck, if I shoot at it from long range it just drives on by, the only way I can stop it is if I get up close and fire a burst at it but then the 3-4 guys that jump out waste me, maybe I’ll try another mission.

He he, no kidding! I don’t know how many times I tried that mission, managed to kill all on the truck several times, but never with the uniforms intact, so I had to go about it in different ways (and that’s partly the beauty of ArmA, even if you don’t do it perfectly you can often still do it in another way, though it might take a lot longer time)…

I still haven’t started the campaign…:eek:

Edit: I had started the campaign, but lost it when I updated to latest version. Started it again today, but had graphics problems and freezes, have to look into that further…

We can do stuff like that mission in online coop Classic - it’s the best mate. And we get to mutilate the corpses. Oops I mean snag their kit sorry :slight_smile:

Ming