Windows7 download?

Just got my new PC, but left my original W7 discs in Spain, so Im using my previous OS SSD. As I changed most of the PC, including motherboard and processor, without OS reinstall, I have several probs.

Though BIOS and Device Manager correctly show 4 cores in my i5, CPU-z and Task manager show only 2 cores.
Also Im unable to reinstall my Saitek stick drivers, and sound is not coming out.

So my question…can I download from somewhere a ‘clean’ W7 copy and then use my key to activate it? I will nor get my original discs until a couple months, probably :frowning:

Thanks!

Did you load your chipset drivers?

All of them

Thanks Brigs

First off I’m no expert in this area, but having recently experienced a hard drive failure, the PC Tech I employed, used his installation discs to reinstall Windows 7 and I activated it with my activation code; so far no problems.

Downloading Windows 7:

Hope this helps.

EAF19_Baz

Thanks Baz!

That was what I wanted to hear :slight_smile:

The Win7 download plus my oroginal key worked, thx Baz and Brigs

Now I have more serious probs.

Joystick drivers are not installing, and the system, upgraded tp SP1, is unstable.

Windows gives my OS SSD a very low score of 5.9, while in my previos system that same disk achieved near 7. That makes me think that maybe theres some prob with it, so mabe I reinstall in a different drive.

Anyway my return to the skies is delayed :frowning:

Could be a BIOS change for your SSD

SSD’s are “supposed” to be set at ACHI in the BIOS for best performance.
If it’s been set at ATA changing it to ACHI will mean you will need to re install windows.
*However if you google “changing to ACHI”, there is a chance you can edit the registry and set it to ACHI and windows will boot.

Without even knowing what stick you have, I’m thinking Saitek…:rolleyes:
I’d start by clearing out any Saitek inf’s and dll’s
Keets is your man for that, he’s wrestled with Saitek drivers more than me.

After too, too, tooo many reinstallations I think I found the problem: the usb3.0 drivers. Without them the Saitek works as intended…or so it seems until I find the time to test it.