Windows 10 and TM Warthog

I resently build a new computer to get back in the flying business, but have been plauget be problems

Any idears?

My joystick have reverted to the faulty but original firmware!

Normal solution would be to run the Thrustmaster “Firmware update” application

But I am unable to upgrade firmware on my Thrustmaster Warthog :confused:

It used to Work on Windows 7 Pro, but since I got a new PC I have made a clean install of Windows 10

Stick & Throttle: Thrustmaster Warthog

updated the firmware of my (second hand) warthog a month ago… no problems on win7…
can’t help on win10…:frowning:

[SOLVED]

The issue related to USB 3 and NOT Windows 10.

I solved it by installing the Driver on an old HP Pavilion with Windows 10, and HEURKA! It worked!!! :banana:

After that I plugged the Stick into my new pc

A note:

• The Ausus Maximus Skylake series MB does not have any ready USB 2 sockets. BUT the MB does have pins for a custom 4xUSB2 sockets.

Glad to see you get back in the saddle Nic… Looks like the OTU has a new trainee…:bootyshk:

Stevie

You are not so far off, Mister Red.
I havent flown a single sortie since I left, and it would be prudent of me, to request a refresher course :wink:

Let us know what you need. We are willing to help. I got two trainees that could benefit from a rusty target.

It looks I have now problems with my Hotas Warthog. My PC says me there is an isue with the device I am plugin in (only the throttle) it doesn’t recognize it, it don’t light up and won’t let me us it. I’ve tried several usb though. The strange thing is it gives no problems when I plug it into another PC, which is running Windows 10.
IMO it must be then a software isue.
I am running the latest firmware and drivers.
In device manager I read there was something with the kernel in failure reports. However this is beyond my knowledge of computers :frowning:

Does anybody has a clue or solution?

It is not uncommon. It sounds like a firmware issue.
Ill get back to you soon.

I had the same issue with the joystick once.

You need to get hold of “thr_eng_00140.pdf”.

If you pm me your e-mail I can send it to you.

:wink:

PS: Make sure that you are using a USB2 or USB 1 port! USB3 did not Work for me!

PM has been send :slight_smile:

E-mail with pdf sent :slight_smile:

Tried several times the option you gave Starfire, unfortunately it didn’t solve the problem :frowning:
Also the tutorials I found online to solve the Windows error code 43 in Device Manager didn’t help.

I am afraid the only solution so far is to reformat and reinstall the whole pc all over again with an uncertain outcome. I am not fond of doing that due all photo editing and other programs having installed. Sigh…

Paul, have you got another USB Hub you could try? Can you uninstall the Warthogs software?

Last resorts, I’ve just been reading up and thinking about upgrading to Win10 as I’ve just built my new PC, anyway it say you can roll back to a previous version of Windows. Not sure if that would keep your installed software, just an idea and worth a google.

I use Acronis for taking an image of the PC, been using them for years after using back when I was working in IT. But whatever you use, its worth taking a copy after its all working.

Good luck!

You have a week till the Big kick off…

I you have an older pc, you could try the options I send you?

Thanks Starfire :slight_smile:
My pc is quite new (just passed a little more then a year)
I believe you opting for the second one

If this Does not Work, a throttle motherboard replacement might your NeXT solution.

I am not that technical, but you mean a new motherboard for the throttle or pc?