Where do I start with BoS?

Great to hear you’re on the way back Joe :slight_smile:

I myself have been flying for the last 2 days (in nearly a year) with Apollo,Cyclops,Starfire,Ribbon and Topsy and have had a great deal of fun-all except navigating this bastid game. I can’t do it for toffee m8! It’s the only thing that makes me want to put the stick away again. (Insert box-opening sound here) :wink:

Have fun m8.

OTU offers refresher courses for pilots who have been on extended leave :roflmao:
No kidding; This also part of OTU’s mandate :slight_smile:

I myself have been flying for the last 2 days (in nearly a year) with Apollo,Cyclops,Starfire,Ribbon and Topsy and have had a great deal of fun-all except navigating this bastid game. I can’t do it for toffee m8! It’s the only thing that makes me want to put the stick away again. (Insert box-opening sound here)

Good to hear from you Charlie, seen you on TS, but didn’t have a chance to speak to you, Messing about with the Harrier in DCS which is great fun, hopefully bump into in the future m8.

Stevie

Hey Charlie, good to hear from you too!

I’ve got the basics sorted, so looking forward to some squad nights with old buddies again to help get back up to speed :cool:

Charlie don’t give up, i hope from tomorrow we all start to fly again and you’ll be up in shape in no time!

Yeah Charlie!

We all went trough this problem…
after a while you get used to it and you’ll never more think at navigation as a constant problem.

The Navigation in BoX just takes getting used to. Main thing is to use the rivers and towns while keeping an eye on your compass - also the auto-stabiliser helps! The forest can be deceptive so don’t rely on it, unless it is an obvious landmark. The airfields can be hard to spot sometimes, depending on what type it is. Once you’ve done it a few times it just clicks and you start to be able to pinpoint where you are :slight_smile: Other good thing is to fly with someone and stick to them!