VR and OpenXR

Gents, I followed this video:
DCS WORLD BEST VR SETTINGS + OPENXR TOOLKIT GUIDE | FPS BOOST! HP REVERB G2 - YouTube

and I successfully had my Reverb G2 to work really smooth with OpenXR.

Question, do you know how to recover those 30° of missing view due to the reduced FOV?
Apparently Neck Saver doesn’t work with these libraries (just SteamVR)…

any alternative?

1 Like

Share Your settings and fps/frames time Bug :+1:

same settings as described in the video,
For nvidia control panel, I still have to apply some tuning.

anyway FPS was about 50. not les than 36 on channel map

1 Like

I could manage to get even closer!
This s**t is addicting…

3 Likes

Nope, been looking and its a steam thing. A swivel chair is meant to help and a wingman!

Tried knocking my G2 from 90 hz to 60 (in WMR) and I can get it really smooth without reprojection on the Channel map. In the Toolkit I have it at 80% of res and openXR @100% res and MR off.

Thanks for the advice, i’ll definitely give it a try

1 Like

Hi folks, yesterday I got back from my summer holiday and found by chance this news: a “neck saver” for OpenXR is available! And it works!

here: Norbert Siepenkötter / XrNeckSafer · GitLab

1 Like

It work with offset at the end of movement or must be button depressed like the old release for other visors/WMR visors?

you can customize several behaviours:

1. Fixed angle to add left/right using two buttons.
  2. Same as 1 using the same angle as increment (a button can be used for resetting the center position)
  3. Auto stepper rotation (a kind of track ir, except i has discrete rotation)
  4. smooth: at a given angle it aplifies the rotation. (continuous movement, beware: it may cause nausea)

3 and 4 can be put on hold using a button. in this case 1 or 2 have priorities.

1 Like

Btw, what is the best CPU for VR? I feel like my old i7 8700K is a bottle neck to performances…
any advice?

Any CPU is a bottleneck with DCS, at least until multi core support is implemented. I don’t think you’d see much improvement following an upgrade (I gained very little going from a 4790K @4.7GHz to a 12700K @ 5.1GHz).
In general, though, the 5800x3D seems to be the best gaming CPU and that should apply to VR, too (thanks to its 3D cache), but it loses to Alder Lake CPUs on any other benchmark, I think.

1 Like

Agree, at the moment best CPU for VR is the 5800X 3d, the cache seems to be the real game changer. We are talking about 15% improvement over a normal 5800X that is one of the top CPU for VR so it’s good. But You have Intel so You gonna change Motherboard and probably RAM so no worth it. Wait for AMD next generation (first days September) that will be at least 25/30% faster. If You gonna change MB and RAM do it with a purpose, 4 or 5 years of support from AMD.

1 Like

Thx guys. start saving money for Xmas.

well… in the meantime let’s try widening the neck
succesfully tested my Ice Cube!

DCS pushed up to 5.2GHz, 90fps and a smooth experience. :rofl:

4 Likes

Mostruoso Bug, fantastico davvero!

P.s. con tutti quei radiatori devi mettere la GPU a liquido, dai!:wink:

1 Like

wow che bel lavoro!!!

che case è?
ce radiatori ventole hai usato?
il manometro è il flusso o la temperatura del liquido?

metti altre foto pls!

è un modo come un’altro di raffreddare il mio vecchio i7 e pomparlo fino a 5.2GHz.

sono in pratica 3 radiatori: collegati tra loro in serie tramite tubo flessibile 10/13mm.

ci sono in totale 6 ventole ARCTIC BioniX P120

il serbatoio e pompa + waterblock sono della corsair (erano montati nel cabinet prima della modifica)

sul top del serbatoio ci sta un piccolo indicatore di flusso (mi serviva quando era tutto nascosto per essere sicuro che il liquido fosse in movimento)

il frame (all’inizio era di legno) l’ho realizato con profilati da 300mm mod 2020. Ho usato degli angolari per fissare i radiatori.

per puro caso le dimensioni ben si sposano con le dimensioni del cabinet ( Thermaltake Level 20 VT)
il montaggio a Totem permette di giungere solo con giusto due tubicini sul processore: così è piu facile, qualora dovessi sostituire MB e processore, ripristinare il cooling.

5 Likes

altre foto pls!

2 Likes

ho impostato OpenXR anche per IL2.

nel video sotto, gli stutter che si notano verso la fine sono dovuti solo a OBS. Senza registrazione fila a 90fps senza batter ciglio.

2 Likes