Update 191 Achtung Spitfuehr! (or whatever they say)

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-600960

Clipped- and full-wing IXe on the horizon and I have to say that their Tiger conveys all the power and menace of the real thing (with what appears to be SS DR marking).

Looking forward to all of them, Flying circus as well!

Still a shame that it is only the Mk IX, should have been the MkXIV, but that ‘complaint’ will drag on for quite some time. It does look very good though, Tiger especially. I’m yet to get into Battle of Kuban though. Harrier is still king for me…and I have the F/A-18 on pre-order so DCS is dominant for quite some time now.

I have got Thursday off though, so I’d love to join you all during the day…but each time I’ve had a day off no one has been around!

I reckon a XIV might well be a follow-on some months later, hopefully with a Mossie.

OD, I am around Thursday during the morning for a bit if you wanted to jump online.

The Tiger was a failure on a strategic level.
The tank was so heavy that many bridges could not be used to pass and it took three times the resources of a Panzer IV to build and maintenance was too depending on a workshop as well as to time-consuming in the field.
The engines was to weak. But besides that it was an impressive and powerfull tank.

I still wonder why they chose the Mk.IX. They have yet to add their reason :confused:

One can only hope :wink:

The Tiger was a failure on a strategic level.
The tank was so heavy that many bridges could not be used to pass and it took three times the resources of a Panzer IV to build and maintenance was too depending on a workshop as well as to time-consuming in the field.
The engines was to weak. But besides that it was an impressive and powerfull tank.

Nazi Germany writ large was a failure on a strategic level. By the time the Tiger was in service they had lost the war. Whether it made more or less sense given their situation from late '42 is open to question :slight_smile:

I still wonder why they chose the Mk.IX. They have yet to add their reason

Not sure, but if they were doing one Spit it made more sense given numbers and usage. Though it lacks the XIVs outright power, it is still very capable. I am happy we get full and clipped off the bat, next debate is the engine power limitation :cool:

I don’t know if you tried the Spit IX vs 109K in DCS, but in my experience the Mk.IX will never catch them the 109K unless it goes into sharp turn.

But then again,…the way a lot of the Luftwaffe pilots fly on the Finish server, this might be a moot point :wink:

I don’t know if you tried the Spit IX vs 109K in DCS, but in my experience the Mk.IX will never catch them the 109K unless it goes into sharp turn.

But then again,…the way a lot of the Luftwaffe pilots fly on the Finish server, this might be a moot point

I have the DCS Spit but have never actually flown it owing to the PITA that is getting DCS to work - waiting for it to become a kosher, standard 2.5 (or whatever) then I might try.

I take your point, but the Spit IXe should be 25lb boost and if so lags behind the K-4 in speed and climb by a small margin under specific circumstances. OTOH, it handles a lot better (turn and roll) and I would much rather be in the Spit.

I suppose we will see…

DCS 2.5 is in stable release now. Spitfire is a doddle to set up. We’d be happy to help you out with it :slight_smile:

Thanks, OD. Maybe mid next-week? Am traveling from this afternoon but probs free by Wednesday :cool:

Ha! Forgot that Wed. is Berlin air show; sorry - not this week :frowning:

With 3.002 there was a hint that next a/c from Bp will be released in May. Might well be the IXe though suppose the G-14 could be easier given it is pretty much a G-6 with different bumps.