Unable to run Cliffs of Dover after reinstall of Windows 10

I bought a SSD and installed everything - Windows 10, programs and games - from scratch.

Il-2 COD won’t run because it is not able to install the Visual C++ redistributable. Every time I try to start IL-2 COD it wants to install that Visual C++ library and closes without any messages.
I tried to start the installation of the Visual C++ by hand from the redistributable directory. Here it comes back with a message that there is already a newer version of the Visual C++ library.

For now I am stuck. Is the install script wrong?

Bob

Sorry Bob I don’t know the answer, but if you can’t get it sorted post over at the ATAG forum, someone over there will know the answer

Stevie

Bob, what graphic card do you have? I have troubles with my AMD in Windows 10 creators update using latest drivers, so I’m using the Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.3.1-Mar3

Are you using the patch from steam?
if not try downloading the latest patch from steam…

Automatic updates is on. So what Steam offers, is installed.

And I have a ATI Radeon HD 6870 from 2011 but I never got around to starting the game. The installation procedure is not finished.

Seems I have to go to the ATAG forums.

You have to turn On the Beta option too, and select TF update.

And that was the solution to the problem. Very simple. Thank you very much. This means I can start flying again. Feeling better now.

Greetings,

Bob