TF 5 - New map reveal...

Alaska…:rolleyes:

//youtu.be/6-gNyj0PhO8

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22934

4 Cannon SpitVc…ouch, still want my Vb though for dogfighting. You can here the moaning already :slight_smile:

I’ve done a fair amount of reading around this area and there were some tremendous back and forth battles on the land, air and sea. Really looking forward to it.

Very cool. That and OculusRift in Cliffs (wow).

Need to start saving pennies for a new PC with a Nvidia 10-series card!

Did you hear the deep thumb of the 20mm in the Beau!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I almost c…!!! :banana::cool:
I cant stop grinning :smiley:

Beaubeaubaeubaeubeubblabububbblooody hell!

And not a glimpse of the bloody English channel anywhere, bloody fantastic! :slight_smile:

Oddly I’m really looking forward to flying over Blighty in a cannon armed Spit more than that Vokes “I’m a great big weighty thing on your nose” Spit. With a squadron of us in the same in SOW, we’d make a few JG4 “Aces” cry :slight_smile:

With explosions like that, I’m up for flying the Beau a lot in the desert, plus they have nowhere to hid :mad:

:frowning:

Why the sad face?

Puff wanted to fly in Alaska. :slight_smile:

Two reasons…one, nobody will want to fly mk1a’s in my favourite scenario now…I’ll be all alone and Sow will change up too…second, any war that runs will have blue fly 109’s against Gladiators…then the will quit wait a few weeks and restart the war again…standard behaviour for blues, always will and always has been. That’s why a sad face.

I’ll still fly the MkIa, I enjoy it. I’d like to have the option of different theatres - but I am more interested in having the aircraft than the map, I’d like more options for us to be able to go on the offensive.

Plus, I want to fly the Gladiator against the 109! I want to see them get egg on their faces! :roflmao:

I’m sure if we stick with a historical SOW type server, we’ll get different campaigns with the correct planes. Plus like OD said, we’ll get new planes for our current SOW timeline. Thinking flyable bombers, Beaufighters, etc. The Spitvbs v F4 would be a later more attacking phase by Reds and a totally different campaign I would have thought.

What will be interesting if the vehicles are drivable, will that bring in a different group of people wanting to do that role, while we try protecting or blowing them up in the desert.

Yep cross-Channel ops (Rhubarbs) with the Spit Vb & Hurribomber would be an absolute blast. Night ops vectoring Beaufighters in on bombers would also be a fun challenge…!

I really like this new map on the desert, even for reasons of history and family. My uncle was Paolo Caccia Dominioni da Sillavengo. You know? Italian Gold Medal for Research fallen El Alamein (Axis and Allied) and building military memorial of Quota 33. Lieutenant Colonel of the Alpini, spy, painter, writer, engineer.

Some souvenir from Sillavengo’s Book:

Another italian good book about El Alamein:

I hope no OT.