Tech thread for DCS 2.9 issues and solutions

Hello everybody!

I open this thread 'cause the new 2.9 Open Beta version of DCS threw in lot of new stuff in the video\graphical area, but people (exp. VR users) is also finding lot of issues which require, at least, some troubleshooting and settings refinements.

Please, share here your issues\solutions!

I start with this Facebook post, in the “Digital Combat Simulator” group (very active, a reference point on social apps), from a user who messed around a bit with try\break\fix approach.

A brief excerpt:

Running 12700kf+4090+32 gb ddr 4 and G2

TLDR if dlss looks ugly in vr for you, bump your res up to some stupid previously unreasonable value which was unavailable before and enjoy.

I was one of the first to dismiss DLSS and its advantages since at my usual settings (2300 per eye and med-high game settings) dlss looked like crap. Especially anything digital or with moving numbers. I stuck to MSAA and enjoyed sharpness slider which was very welcome addition even without DLSS.

Now, after about 2 hours of testing I thought “ah what the hell, let me do something stupid” and put resolution per eye to around 3200 and put DLSS on. Bruh that’s the best ever picture I’ve seen in VR. 0 stutters and crystal clear picture FINALLY without shimmering. I ended up tuning res down to 3010 just to have some more available VRAM (mine was at around 14 gigs of usage at 3200) and enjoyed flawless experience for about 2 hours on 4ya. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Cheers!

Ibanez

2 Likes

Lots of testing next days!

Apparently, there are issues with custom historical skins.
Make sure to uninstall such mods from DCS.

I had to delete and reintall completely DCS today, when using MT Version of the open beta i was having really big stuttering even on the main menu (like not seeing the mouse cursor moving freely), it was even worse when on multiplayer.

At the moment i am at work and at home it is downloading al the modules, i should be fine for this evening and i hope it will be running fine now.

I try it fast saturday, e fast flight whit a 109 on 4ya and some ag whit a ka-50 in another server… for me all run fast and no problem… i set all at max ( i have a 4080 and i can activate dlss). Fps over 90 and a good stable framerate… i make a 1h or 1 and half of test…

@EAF51_Cappe, @EAF51_Snaches, @EAF51_Havebug, I moved your posts in this thread 'cause it’s more generally dedicated to issues and solutions.
Cheers!

Iba

1 Like