Summer greetings!

Halfway through my summer vacation, at the moment in Linköping for the Swedish championship in PPC.
Did a quick visit to the Flygvapenmuseet (Swedish Airforce museum) while waiting for the price ceremony to begin.
Anyone recognize this plane?

5 Likes

Or maybe this one?

4 Likes

Bring them back home!!!

:rofl:

Another one, though just a 1:1 model, unfortunately none of the real planes was saved when they where taken out of service.

Unlike the two previous planes it wasn’t all that well-liked, had a reputation as a crew killer, with a lot of accidents and crashes, so that might explain why no-one thought it was worth saving at the time.

2 Likes

Previous picture was kind of blurry, here’s a closer one of the same plane, but might also reveal that it’s a model and not the real deal.

4 Likes

If you where wondering what was under the wing of the Caproni, it’s the remains of a (swedish) Mosquito that crashed in Fjällen.

3 Likes

And finally, my favourite ww2 era plane at Flygvapenmuseet.
Can any of you identify it?

3 Likes

Nice Pics! first one could be a CR42.
The second looks like a Curtiss Wright P36 or Seversky P35.
The last is very similar to a FW190…I know it is not however.

The second looks like the Reggiane RE.2000 Falco

1 Like

First is indeed a Cr.42.
Second is an Italian made plane, but indeed very similar to a Seversky, but a P-35 (Swedish J9) looks like this:

1 Like

Havebug is right, it’s a Reggiane Re.2000, known as the J20 in Swedish service.

The small 190ish looking plane with the red L is a Swedish made J22. Metal frame made by Hägglunds (now known for their CV90) and the skin made of wood. Said to be the fastest plane (compared to it’s engine power). :grin:

They both look Italien inspired :wink:

It’s a replica with originals parts, Caproni 313

Some original parts yes, but a lot, well probably most, of it was built in the 80’s (IIRC), and when you get close it’s very obvious that it’s not a real plane. Still nice to see it though, it’s part of Swedish Airforce history.

2 Likes

Nice pics Mikke, beautifull planes

1 Like

Neither in italy we have a Re.2000 or a Caproni like the replica you posted, such a pity!!