Stall sounds

here I am, with new stick and pedals relearning how to fly…problem is I keep stalling every time I make a break turn. Yes, the new stick is very different and I am not used to pedals (looks easy enough, but wait until you are being B&Zed by MetalG, JaRa and friends and see if you remember what feet to use :p) but theres something else.

Now, after much tweaking I realized that I can not hear when Im near the stall. Im not sure now, but I think I could hear the beginning of a stall before, thus unloading and avoiding it.

my question is:

you do really hear the beginning of the stall, dont you?

Nope, it all depends. Sometimes there’s almost no warning at all, and other times you can hear it getting close, think it depends both on what plane you fly, and your speed.

I think it might also depend on whether you are flying on the edge or going straight into a stall. If the stall is sudden and there is no audible warning then I would venture that the joystick setup within PF is no longer correct for the new stick. I had to start from scratch when I changed my stick to set up the profile correctly. When using the default settings I get sudden stalls and no audible warning hence my reply to this post.

Thanks Mikke and Flowbee.

Yes Flowbee, probably you are right. Its just that Im unable to find the correct settings. And its upsetting feeling that you dont control your plane anymore.

With old stick I knew perfectly what was going to happen with every move I made. Now I dont have any idea of what the plane is going to do. Really a bad bad feeling :frowning:

Is your new stick FF?

Managed to get a MS FF2 a while back, after Flowbee and a few others recommended it. Think Flowbee had 5 of them :slight_smile: FF really helps me feel the stall buffet when I’m slowly appoaching it. High speed stalls I don’t get any real warning. I’ve changed my sound setup lately and I can’t remember hearing them anymore.

Marsh and I have just been trying out the recommended setting in the PF manual and with my CH rudder pedals I can now feel the stall through them better. Might help you get some feeling back and then you can modify them.

Swoop

Is your new stick FF?

Managed to get a MS FF2 a while back, after Flowbee and a few others recommended it. Think Flowbee had 5 of them :slight_smile: FF really helps me feel the stall buffet when I’m slowly appoaching it. High speed stalls I don’t get any real warning. I’ve changed my sound setup lately and I can’t remember hearing them anymore.

Marsh and I have just been trying out the recommended setting in the PF manual and with my CH rudder pedals I can now feel the stall through them better. Might help you get some feeling back and then you can modify them.

Swoop

Thx Swoop

no, it isnt FF. I never had one and never had problems to feel the stall coming, thats why its so frustrating now to stall when my common sense says I shouldnt.

I tried the PF settings (those starting at 0, 1, 9… right?) and are way too slow for me.

Looks like, after some days flying offline in a SpitVb vs 109F4, Im slowly getting the hang of it. I still do not feel as comfortable as with old stick, but at least I can try to fly online again.

I agree the PF settings are slow but thought it might help just as a baseline.

Just changed mine to something quicker.

Good luck

Swoop