Spotting in DCS

Roman, “Guarda, passa e non ti curar di loro” (di Dantesca memoria)
Tutta invidia perchè tu con i tuoi settaggi, vedi prima i contatti di loro! :+1: :wink: :grin:

Anyway @EAF_T_Rasuro , in case you reduce the resolution, I strongly recommend to add some sharpening to the game. (especially if your monitor can handle higher settings)

here’s how, adjust at your taste:

Bug, sorry, I think that is related only to NIS, not to a resolution downscale. The sharpen is applied only to a NIS generated image. If You downscale video resolution You need to setup sharpening on Nidia control panel but another one field (now I don’t a Nvidia computer here at work to check exactly how is it labeled).

Well, for me is working good and is definitely a game changer.

Thank you for all the replies guys, i think i found a sweet spot with keeping the resolution, turning off fxaa, and keeping msaa on max, also adjusting the gamma.

A dropped resolution lowering becouse its Just messes up my duál monitor setup, but i really appriciate the idea, Thank you :slight_smile:

In addition, you need to keep the GFORCE Experience up to date, as well as the drivers and set the flag on experimental functionality and image resizing, until you find a good optimization

1 Like

77% is the same setting I have on my PC

i didn’t installed it.

i try to steer out of geforce experience Bloatware and privacy nightmare!
you can do the same downloading clean nvidia drivers

1 Like

yes, i suggest Nvcleanstall. i used it for long time.

For my GFExp is a must, for recording and all the others features. As for privacy I create some accounts just for it.

Is this likes CCleaner?

nope. It let you install only the part of the driver Nvidia you need and you can decide if you want to install the minimum, the reccomended or the full one, just to make your computer stay clean and to install only the component yo want to install. Remember that the driver that the software will install are official Nvidia Driver.

in italiano. Ti permette di installare solo le parti che servono dei driver, per quanto riguarda Nvidia i driver normali ti installano un sacco di componenti che magari non utilizzerai mai o che non vuoi ma che i driver pack ti installano lo stesso. Ricordati poi che il programma installa comunque driver ufficiali da Nvidia!

I have Nvidia from the time they switch from PhisX abd 3D Blaster, buying every new family release. For the last CPU/RTX series the impact is pratically absent, and for 32Gb or 64Gb PC even the ram occupation is no noticeable, so I keep it and enjoy features like streaming, recording andcspecial features. Not installing it “cause performance or bloatware” and then launching software like OVBS for making the same is really no sense :+1:

Well OBS studio does much more, uses same nvidia codec, with last generation cpu has no fps loss at all!
More if you want to record in Vr that’s the only way.

geforce gaming experience can’t record Vr.

the only other plus of geforce is some game settings optimization which i don’t use since i like to set the game as i like it…

troppo piccolo il pixel

usually sharpen makes it worse for spotting for me, cuz it tries to “apply AntiAliasing” to the dot, making the outer pixels on the dot less pronounced, making it less visible overall

1 Like

i use it cuz i’m too lazy to manually do all the driver stuff

also

While it’s true that 20xx and 30xx rtx generation of nvidia has separate hardvare for recording it doesn’t protect you from the fps loss completely, if your GPU is very taxed by the game it won’t have enough power to devide between normal game rendering stuff and Nvenc codec, so you will both damage your game performance and recording with fps loss and stutters. That doesn’t happen if your Gcard has a lot of overhead (doesn’t struggle running the game with high fps). In this regard Geforce Experience works better, i don’t know how they do it since they use Nvenc there too but i remember recording with it on my gtx 950 without fps loss

1 Like