Spitfire Vb is born

Its like the good old days of Il2 1946 and at last we get her…

and she’s painted in my old 92 Squadron colours, how thoughtful.

Check out the other skins and news…

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/page-5#entry477386

Is it meant to be out in the next month or so? It will be interesting to see how the cockpit compares to the DCS one.

To many update at the same time.

Clod 4.5 and BoX Spit :confused:

Yep, its due out on the next release in June.

The DCS/Clod cockpits will win, as not clickable, but it will be good to fight F2s in a Vb again. The Vb had a lighter feel compared to the MkIX in the previous IL2 1946, which I always liked. Will be interesting to see how she flys and fights.

Starfire…I never complain when I walk in a sweet shop :slight_smile: Remember they are separate companies.

The choice is easy, the Mk. VIII

I always felt that the Vb was to light with to little cannon ammo.
The Mk. IX felt more sturdy. I felt more secure and it seemed to hang forever on the prop.
The Mk. VIII just felt right. Like a 109F4. I had a smooth and crisp handling with a good energy retention. An adequate ammo supply and longer range when needed. I loved it even with clipped wings :smiley:
It was love at first sight Amore :embarasse
Now she is gone sigh :frowning:

I loved the Mk VIII it was the best Spit in IL2 1946.

With regards to the cockpit, I meant more how they look (especially in VR). It will be interesting to compare like for like with Cliffs too - because that was an excellent job. I still think the cockpits in Cliffs can look superb.

Topsy told me that the DCS Wallpaper of the Mk. IX have errors :roflmao:

Would anyone try and guess which? :smiley:

A piece of advice: Don’t try and hang on the prop in DCS :eek2:
Any hang-time will kill the Merlin

I done it a few times in offline dogfights against the 109s and it is a sure way to lose without ever getting hit by a bullet.
The lack of airflow will decrease radiator cooling faster than you can say: “Die bastard!” and the aircraft will start venting white smoke within seconds. From there you will only have a minute under power :bootyshk:

I think everybody should try it in training to see how fast it goes.

It would be interesting to test out the other aircraft’s to see if they have the same behavior :confused:

I’m loving flying the 190 in VR in the The Butcher campaign, the Jade Monkey has done a fine job in adding life to the hand crafted missions. Just took off as number 4 from a nicely detailed airfield, passing patrols coming the other way to keep you on your toes, on the way to protect our ground units from a flock of angry IL2s. With the sun behind us, the lighting on the cockpit kept changing to a warm glow. They have done a good job with the pits imho (It was fun watching the missus reaching out trying to touch the dials, she thought it was real).

Staying in a tight formation is a lot easier in VR and just adds to the immersion. Still took me about ten attempts to complete the mission as I kept getting damaged attacking the Il2s (my bad sitting on sixes, but those extra 20mm guns pods are just fun). Two poor landings later I finished the mission.

Mission 3, we are attacking their airfield with bombs. Not tried that in a 190 yet.