Spitfire IX photo request

Hi all

The Spitfire T.IX project that I have been working on is now very near to completion but I have a request that perhaps someone can help with.

After the recent respray of the entire aeroplane I am now preparing to apply the stencils (fuel here bla bla bla, no step etc etc) The trouble is Supermarine never made a drawing to show exactly what placards/stencils should go where and I have exhausted all of my sources to find pictures of Mk.IX Spitfires.

So if any of you have good quality (zoomable) photos of Spitfire Mk.IXs particularly the entire underside or stbd side of the rear fuselage and upper surfaces of the wings would you mind posting them up, or perhaps pm me and we can arrange something via email. The ideal subject for the photos would be the other two seat Spitfire in Dutch markings (H98) that resides at Duxford, other than that any good quality photos of a Mk.IX would be most appreciated.

Thanks all

For the MkI/IIa but its a start, I will have a rummage through my pile of books to see what I can find mate

Nice one thanks Kris, most helpful indeed.

Anyone got photos of a duxford spitfire?

I’d check Insight’s Flickr account. I’m sure he’s got some closeups in there somewhere.

Imgur

Shame you didn’t ask last week, I was at Hendon with Dave last Sunday, and poss Duxford a week this Sunday.

Have a browse through my flickr Classic, if you see any you could do with bigger versions of drop me a PM and I will send you somehow.

These are all my ml407 pics I think…

If you need anything specific I can get shots from as close up as you like but it will have to wait until a bit later in the year.

[b]Dave and myself might be at Duxford next weekend mate, if so I will see what I can get.

Whats your Dad’s restoration company name mate, might get us a bit closer (nudge, nudge ;))[/b]

I’m not convinced there are any MkIX’s at Dx, MH434 is there sometimes but is also kept elsewhere I think. MH434 will be in Hangar 3 if she is there. I am fairly certain that ML407 is at Bentwaters at the moment, if she is in Hangar 2 you can’t get close to it anyway cos of the hangar position.

The ARC Dutch Spit T is normally in their Hangar at the end and is so far from public view that you won’t see it probably.

I am sure there must be loads of airshow pics online you can dig up.

Duxford Info is a good site to know what is where at Dx:

http://www.duxford-update.info/

Dont worry too much guys, it was a stab in the dark to see if anyone had any closeups to hand, I will of finished the aircraft by next week :slight_smile:

I think these are all Mk9’s I’m sure someone will say if they are’nt

:@)