https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/57269-storm-of-war/

Red

3 Likes

Big news Red!! I can’t wait for Afrika

1 Like

wow!!!

Hopefully we will be involved as a squadron again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Even I will reinstall for SoW…though I won’t be buying the North Africa stuff out of principle. Hopefully we’ll have you back online with us soon then Puff!

Just to add, Phil is working on their DCS server at the same time; so there will be more than one Storm of War theatre running at the same time. It will be interesting to see whether the Cliffs version goes for 24/7 or event based. I’m hoping event based; though I did enjoy being able to get on at any time and carry out a strike on their radar!

1 Like

Great news, i’ll have to dust everything off.

the problem is NO VR support on cliff… :cold_sweat:

Massive problem, but I’d play SoW so long as I don’t have to buy anything from TFS.

By forum of Storm of War

Re: Storm of War 5 Campaign - Coming Soon](http://stormofwar.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=7044&start=10#p54204)

Postby Rostic » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:46 pm

Any news about server update progress?

Re: Storm of War 5 Campaign - Coming Soon

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:46 pm

I think the 24/7 version is more likely as it is much less work for me.

As I just posted elsewhere, I think the testing has been going well, all the systems appear to be working again and I’ve fixed the issues I’ve identified so far. I still need to finalise the rules. But I’m looking at a campaign start mid/late February.

1 Like

Is anyone going to fly this from EAF?

Think there is a few Swoop, maybe 6 of us and 51, be good to see ya back m8

Cheers Stevie, was good flying Clod offline the other day, she still looks great and brings back good memories of us all. Rusty as hell, but if people are going to fly it I’ll put some time into her. Enjoyed the vids coming out of TF for the desert too.

I’ll watch what Reddog is doing.

How was your experience without vr?

easier!!

But flying in VR made me much more dependent on a wingman and its just so much more immersive. I still remember flying with OD and Flash in twisting and literally sweating dogfights on the servers…maybe even fighting 51 at the time. Just spotting is so much harder…but more real i guess.

Ciao Jimmi btw :slight_smile:

:grinning: :blush: :blush: