Simple question

If a book dealer says “cardcover” does that mean soft cover (paper back) or is it something else?


Maybe not a simple question…

lol, right!

The term confuses me, it may be an australian word for paperback, but I don’t know. I do know a hardcover is the same as a hardback.

Wikipedia says:

A hardcover (or hardback or hardbound) book is bound with rigid protective covers (typically of cardboard covered with leather, cloth or heavy paper) and a stitched spine, although most modern commercial hardcover books have a glued spine, like a paperback.

Paperback may refer to a kind of book binding by which papers are simply folded without cloth or leather and bound - usually with glue rather than stitches or staples - into a thick paper cover; or to a book with this type of binding.

Thx Joe! :slight_smile:

Yes, it confuses me too. First time I heard that expression…

Ah, well I’ll try and get the book from another dealer who has it as hardcover.

Or it’s simply a typing mistake, card - hard…