Server downtime

Seems the server went down on thursday evening, for unknown reason, but I think it’s hardware related.

The server is simply starting to be too old! I will try to move the forum to our new server during the weekend, which means it might be down now and then and worst case it goes t-u. :stuck_out_tongue:

As you can se the server and forum is back up again, but looking like shit.
Unfortunately I have ran out of time to finish the move, but I will try to go forward with the move later this week, but can’t promise anything.

I’m also trying to import the style that Brigstock have created for the new forum, but for some reason it doesn’t seem to work. :rolleye:

If I have still got access I’ll have a look.
One thing to consider is that the new theme is a child theme of the default. Not a stand alone. Perhaps it needs uploading as a child object.

New (EAF forum) pictures is missing, probably just because they haven’t been copied to this server. I will check it tomorrow, perhaps if I get some downtime at work, but now it’s time for me to get to bed, up and away to work early tomorrow… :sucks:

I have had a look and the new theme is uploaded exactly as it should be.
I removed the header just the other day so that forum would fit the framed site we have in mind.

All that does need to be set is the actual theme permissioning, so that the new theme is the default theme for all visitors.
But that is something we can look at once I’m back in the UK and we can get the new site uploaded. There are some other tweaks I need to do before the new theme is correct (to my taste) but again they require ftp access for me.

Once I’m back in the UK we’ll get it all done.

In the meantime, thank you for getting the upgrade completed.

I might have been unclear, but the forum is still on the old server as I ran out of time to move it, that’s why your theme etc is not working properly Brigstock!

I know that. But I can see the forum is vb4 and I’ve selected the new theme and it all looks as it should be.
There are 2 themes. EAF copy - which is the imported theme, that I was not happy with.
Then there’s New EAF scheme - which is completely new and my preferred scheme.
Both are selectable as themes and both are working fine.
The only issue I can see is that the is no default theme set in the forum preferences.

Is that the problem?

Yes, wrong default theme set, have changed it now.

@Mikke, sent you a PM on the europeanaf.net forum.

Mikke

I just noticed that the default for the forum is “EAF (Copy)”, whereas I think “EAF New theme” is better.

Reason being, EAF Copy was an import using the VB tool to import old themes, however it was only a partial import and needed lots of work. I’d got through most of it but decided it was getting so hard to rectify small issues (fix one, break another:rolleyes:) that I started a new theme from the ground up. That theme is New EAF Theme and the better one IMO