screen freeze

No ideas left, asking for advise.
Since january this year kind of problem appeared. Normally durin first 1-2 minutes of flight i experience very long screen freeze, up to 30 sekonds, in some cases PC restarts.
It is not only screen freeze, but entire PC is out of action and not responding.
I changed grafical settings, tried different drivers (nVidia FX5700), tried both OpenGL and DirectX, scanned a lot of forumes… no changes.
Where the problem may be?? Any suggestions which way to go?

Hi Arturo,

I experienced the same 2 times after installing the new final patch. It never happened before :frowning:
I have no idea what it can be. They changed the water I think maybe some dll- problems?

Sounds like a heat problem to me. Try to run with the pc open, and see if there is any difference. Also check the cpu and graphiccard fans for dirt or dust. Cpu gets very hot when running Il2FB, by me almost 60 degrees C, and it needs efficient cooling.

Thank you for quick answers. I monitored heat using SpeedFan program, no overheating was noticed. But i’ll try to run PC with open cover.
Well, some more info.
Theese freezes i experience normally only one or 2 times per game start, in the beginning of flight. If “survived”, i can fly for hour or two with no problem. It happens both online and offline. - no difference.

Another two possible options:

• if you have overclocking
  • from patch readme :

If you have a computer with a Pentium 4 processor, you may occasionally encounter game lock-ups or crashes to desktop. In order to solve that, copy your il2_core.dll into the il2_corep4.dll (for example, with the following command: “copy il2_core.dll il2_corep4.dll”; or, in Windows Explorer, navigate to your sim installation directory, delete the existing il2_corep4.dll, make a copy of the il2_core.dll, and rename the copy to il2_corep4.dll)

No, no overclocking here. And it’s not Pentium, i have older Athlon… Maybe heat problem - right now i discovered speed of fans nr 1 and 2 is “0”, strange… Fan nr 3 is working OK, 3000RPM.

S! Arturo

Once had the same problem with my wife’s computer, after shifting to a new graphiccard. After many hours of fumling with the card, I found out that it was the power supply unit (pc case, not card) who was the bugger.

Toto mentions another possible problem, PSU’s do go bad sometime and can cause problems. What makes it less likely is that it’s only in the beginning there’s problems.

Older Athlon does tend to run pretty hot, perhaps the fan is slow to speed up when the CPU is starting to work harder, so you get a heat pike until the fan catches up? All provided that the fan is somehow heatcontrolled.

Looks like this problem is solved, right now graphic card is replaced and Il-2FB-AEP-PF-etc.etc. runs really smoothly! Will test a bit and then appear online…
Thank you all for help!