RoF 07/09

I’m in

Brigs
Puff
Keets
Jojko
WB

Lol…now yer confusing the shit out of me Brigs…I’m assuming you mean the 07/10 and not 07/09 :slight_smile: Anyways, sign me up for the usual trip into no mans land !

yeppers

well well, this time I’m with you guys, can’t wait to fly again!!!

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

WB.

Welcome back Jojko :slight_smile:

Good fun mission again last night Brigs. Shame you missed out. Hope you can get the issue sorted soon?

Anyway, as you missed it Brigs, here’s a short combat report.

The formation leader had engine problems so the flight lead fell to me as we were about to take off. We set off on the assigned route and climbed to 7000ft. Just after crossing the lines we spotted the balloon in the marked area. There was no covering flight so I put the formation into line astern and attacked in a dive. I got good hits before pulling out and Jojko, in the number 2 position, finished it off with a short burst. We then climbed up and continued on the flight plan to the east. As we continued east I spotted a flight of 4 to the North and well below us. We curved in from above and finished 4 Pfalz in relatively short order. Having resumed our track to the east we turned at the river and started our journey back at around 7500ft. Puff then spotted a lone aircraft to the North and above. Keets had to make for home as he had a hot date at the local tavern but the rest of us went after the singleton. We trailed him for a while and recognised an Albatross but he was well above and didn’t seem very keen on a fight. Just as we were about to break for home he decided to come and play. He turned and went head to head with Jojko and Puff before diving away apparently aware that I was below waiting for him. He fell to my guns after a short duel. Flight resumed for home base and all landed safely.

WB.

Flight lead report.

I pulled the leads from every other cylinder on my camel and feigned engine trouble.
Flight lead was passed to Whiskey Bravo.
Once the chaps had disappeared from sight I jumped in the C/O’s Crossley and headed for Arras.
The town is looking a little worse for wear being so close the the front, but the street cafe’s are still trading.

While my flight was at 7,000 ft I was sitting out side a rather nice little cafe on the “Rue de whatever” bathed in the early spring sunshine, with a rather nice bottle of claret or two.

Returned to base very late, very drunk and parked the Crossley (at speed) in the C/O’s billet.

He’s not happy, on a charge now, but I bet they don’t send me home.

War is hell!

Remarks on flight and hostile aircraft

This mission was flown by Lieutenant Brigstock, Lieutenant Whiskey Bravo, Lieutenant Puff, Lieutenant Keets and 2nd Lieutenant Jojko flying from Mont St. Eloi aerodrome.
Successes include the following:
Pfalz D.IIIa destroyed by Lieutenant Keets
AeType destroyed by 2nd Lieutenant Jojko
Pfalz D.IIIa destroyed by 2nd Lieutenant Jojko
Pfalz D.IIIa destroyed by 2nd Lieutenant Jojko
Albatros D.Va destroyed by Lieutenant Whiskey Bravo
Pfalz D.IIIa destroyed by Lieutenant Puff

Official report filed.

Does that look about right

Yep, spot on.

WB.

Updates from the front