Random Crashes with BSOD lately

Random Crashes with BSOD lately
(only sometimes in the first few minutes windows is loaded… once it’s up and running it seems stable…)

Do you understand anything of the crash log???

Nome evento problema: BlueScreen
Versione SO: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
ID impostazioni locali: 1040

Ulteriori informazioni sul problema:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF800039959D9
BCP3: FFFFF88009A908F0
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

What did you change before it started? :wink:

What OS do you use?

I can’t say from the crash log what the problem is, and in general a BSOD can have many reasons though hardware problems have been more common then software problems when it comes to creating BSOD since XP and even less with Win7.

Start off by getting rid of all the dust inside your computer, make sure that all the fans are working and you don’t get any overheating reports. Then get Memtest86 ( http://www.memtest86.com/ ) and run it to test that your memory is working ok.

it’s a good start Mikke!

win7 64bit

i was a little late on Windows updates
getting up to date… (tough i had to update no more than 5-10 in a row or the update will fail)

so fari I:

changed antivirus

added malaware scanners

and got rid of old software…

will keep you informed!

If it’s in the first few minutes of boot, it’ll likely be driver related. As you are saying its stable once it gets past this, I would have thought it less likely to be overheat.

Looking at your Crash log, (apologies my Italian is awful) I think its a 3b error, which again points to drivers/graphics drivers.

Do you get your BSOD in windows safe mode??

If not, then I’d look at your graphics drivers, uninstall, reinstall latest.

ok i got crashed after some time also:confused:

Changed graphics drivers

and did the memtest

results here

the % of test passed doesn’t sound promising…
Tests Passed 4/44 (9%)

ideas???

Are you overclocking?
Even if not, faulty memory does happen. With my previous pc I had random crashes until I gave up half a year or so ago and bought myself a new mb, cpu and memory…

Do you get your BSOD in windows safe mode??

Safe mode starts with a crappy resolution so i didn’t test it but will do!

ty for support chaps!

i have an i7 2600k + mobo just 2-3 years old
i asked the vendor to safe overclock it
but now i can’t find te oc any more on the cpu…
Cpu running @3.4
wonder if and how it lost bios settings…

in case of faulty ram do i need to change also mobo??

It will start with “crappy resolution” as it’s VGA, the benefit is that Windows doesn’t load the video or other hardware drivers, so it’s an easy test to see if its them causing the problems.

yep will test it in next days :wink:

To me it definitely looks like yo’ve got issues with the RAM. Check the memory settings in the BIOS and ensure that they are on Auto/Default, then let us know.

If the voltage are on Auto/Default in BIOS, then I suggest to check each single RAM chip.

Try one by one RAM chip (remove the rest) and thus see who is the culprit. Do a memtest for each chip. Most likely the computer will go BSOD or not start at all with the faulty RAM chip anyway. Then replace it with an identical. Pretty cheap compared to a new mobo or PSU!

ty all for your kind help!

it is solved!

it was a faulty corsair Vegenange dd3 dimm…

replaced with 2x4mb of hyperx fury from kingston

now the system run fine!
no crashes or BSOD…

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Good to hear! :slight_smile: