Planned LEAVE

As from Thusrday 16 june to 7 July I will be on a well deserved leave with my home squardon commander, spending two weeks in ‘Badia A Passignano’ . :man_swimming:
cheers
:beers:

5 Likes

OMG Rob, you’re going in one of the most beautiful regions in Italy and, consequently, in the whole world! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Been 'round there few weeks ago with my girlfriend, if you’re planning to drive around a bit to discover some of those lovely towns, I’ll be glad to share some experiences!

See you soon and enjoy!!

1 Like

All info is welcome, where to eat and small towns to visit. :+1:
Cheers

Permission absolutely granted!
Even for your service with us!
I Agree with Gabriele “IBANEZ” you have plenty of choices!!

Well near to you (apart Firenze) you have Colle val D’Elsa, Monteriggioni, San Gimignano, they are all well worth a visit!

In all those places you’ll find beautiful landscapes and even better food and wines!

Have fun Rob!

1 Like

Placed those places on my to visit list on google maps. I am a real meat lover. Anything i should look for and order in a restuarant?
Cheers

:drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

1 Like

And about places to visit, I can reccommand the following:

San Quirico d’Orcia
Pienza - A MUST!
Radicofani
Bagni San Filippo (you can bath in the natural spa)
Bagno Vigoni (old Roman’s spa)
Abbazia di Monte Uliveto (here you can buy beer, wine and and oil made by the Monks!)
Monteriggioni
Montalcino
Abbazia di Sant Antimo

I suggest you buy a local guide book in your preferred language to enjoy everyting.
In most of those places there are local tourist offices where local guides are supplied for free.

Enjoy vacations!
I do not know wether you are driving to Italy. Just in case you are passing through Milano on the way back let me know… Maybe we can set up something, i.e. a vist to the air museum near Malpensa airport -LINK: http://volandia.it/en/

3 Likes

I’ve been in these two places and they’re breathtaking. Pienza is a jewel together with the whole Val d’Orcia!

A few pictures from Pienza:

3 Likes