Pierre Clostermann

Yesterday the ace French Pierre Clostermann is dead!:frowning:

Good Flight Pierre!
S!
http://www.aerostories.org/~aeroforums/forumhist/aff.php?nummsg=12125

Salute! to a great pilot and author!

:frowning:
Sad news, but he will be remembered as one of the truly great WW2 pilots and authors. Also for always showing respect and friendship to his former enemies.

Have a safe last flight, Pierre CLostermann!

Salute! :frowning:

He was my mentor to history of WWII flight, until when I was a child. I read first time his book in the late '60 and now I am reading the same book for the 127th timeā€¦

Salute Sir!

Can your ā€œLe Grand Charlesā€ fly high.

Rest in peace Pierre

S!

S!

Rest in Peace Pierre

Sad news indeed, especially so for 602

Yes, another of my boyhood heros gone. Very sad.

But what a life!!!

Sad news, may he rest in peace.

The Big Show was the first book I read about a real RAF pilotā€™s experiences in WW2 :frowning:

Same here, one of the first books I read. A great man and pilot.

Rest in Peace.

Now he met again all his friends: they are flying forever in the skyes.
Salute!

Sad news!

I still have vivid memories of many excerpts from his book.

Do you remember when he was supposed to fly over Holland to test/calibrate radars? The description he gave of that dusk at high alt was incredible!
I hope heā€™s over there still flyin with joy!

Salute! Pierre Clostermann

Salute! :frowning:

Iā€™m on the last few pages of this book after getting it at Christmas and Iā€™ve been savouring each page most nights before bed. Its feel really reminded me of some of the war stories we write about in here, then I think those bullets were for real. He was so close to getting the chop on that massive air show at the end of the War, his wingman Peter wasnā€™t so lucky. Hope he meets all his good friend up there and has a great party. A brave and loyal Frenchman and I hope he had a peaceful life after the War, rest in peace Pierre.