PC Mayday

After several glitches with different elements (gfx card not recognised, network connector failing, power issues, start up problems) I think it’s time for a new CPU/Mobo/Memory combo.

I’ve always used AMD but think now might be a good time to go to Intel with an I9 setup perhaps.

I’m currently running an MSI M2N-SLI Deluxe with a Phenom X4 940 quad core with 4GB 800Mhz DDR2 RAM.

I always used to keep up with the latest trends in CPU/Mobo techs but over the last year or so I’ve lost touch. So I’m after some advice on what’s the best kit out there at the moment. Moneys a bit tight so I can’t afford top end stuff.

One option I’m considering is keeping my current CPU and upgrading Mobo and RAM but I’m not sure if that’s a cost effective measure.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

WB.

I’ve noticed some good deals on oc’uk for the uprated AMD Quad Core Phenom’s such as the 975 @ 3.6GHz however I’m not sure how future proofed that decision would be, aren’t AMD bringing out a new socket line?

I had a bundle deal from overclockers WB, Intel mobo-CPU-RAM - very good, I7 that was, I9 sounds good it’s two more :slight_smile:

Was-

Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping 2.66Ghz
Gigabyte EX58-UD5

Very good motherboard and the CPU is very overclockable in it innit (4GHz on air-cooling with a fatter heatsink, cool running)

Ming

Thanks chaps, will take a look at the options. I meant I5 not I9 although that would be nice! :slight_smile:

WB.

lol I was considering my upgrade options WB, seriously. I need help :slight_smile:

Ming