Passwords.

Morning all.

I watched an article on the BBC news in the week and it featured the increase of password hacking. An analyst working for a security company also mentioned that certain governments support this practise.

Auntie Beeb recommended this website to give you an idea on how secure your password is measured by the length of time it would take a desktop computer to hack the password.

https://howsecureismypassword.net/

I used it and substituted the characters of my password for alternative ones but kept them to the exact type of character and the same password length.

It reckoned it would take around 2 billion years to work it out.

Just a heads up.

Stay safe.

Charlie.

I think…?? I may have seen the same programme Charlie.

I don’t worry about all my passwords and those that I should, have been tested for their strength.

So long as our good old trust worthy :rolleyes: Auntie Beeb has recommended the site… I don’t fancy testing my passwords on some “recommended website” though.

I like the idea (which was demonstrated in the programme you mentioned) of having passwords (or forms of unique identification) based on our intrinsic characteristics or abilities. Not something we can define or describe, but simply a level of performance that we as an individual are able to achieve.

EAF19_Baz