P-51 Throttle quadrant

Hey Guys,

Sorry for not beeing able to join you guys lately, the little one claims the evenings for us.
Although not much time to fly, i still have some spare minutes to work on a project that may interest you.

This will be a highly simplified throttle quadrant for our beloved Mustang, working with hall sensors and a three way switch for mixture control. All parts can be 3D printed separately, controll and connectivity will be provided through an arduino mini. I plan to expand the project to a full floor mounted hotas.

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

6 Likes

WOW Rasuro! it is very cool!

I’d prefear the P47 throttle assembly (the P51 can be considered a subset of it) but it looks very nice indeed!

let me know in case you can share the source model (STEP or similar)

Plans are created with Shapr3D, it has its own plan format :slight_smile: I am planning to share all with you guys, hoping that we can improve functionality further without loosing the simple manufacturing method :slight_smile: I also have the print files generated for the base parts :slight_smile:

1 Like

do you have an extimate of the overall cost?

well printing should be around 30 euros, so overall around a 150 euros including the sensors, switches, cables, bearings, aluminium for the handles, and the arduino :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys,

So the prototype is finished and it’s working perfectly :slight_smile: needs some finishing touches, and modification on the next iteration, but I am satisfied with how it turned out

6 Likes

Simply amazing!

1 Like

Wow Amazing!

is the throttle lever rotating too?
How many axis??
i’m envious!!!

Not yet, that will be in the next iteration :slight_smile: currently one ptt switch, two hall effect axis for throttle and rpm, one three way switch for mixture control.
The construction allows to add infinite numbers of levers, like a sandwich. So it can be expanded to a p47 quadrant, like @EAF51_Havebug suggested. The rotatable throttle lever is a matter of adding an inner barrel to the handle and a potentiometer. The arduino micro I used for interface allows to add a few more axis and buttons, so I already started to plan a little trim /flap panel that can be connected to the quadrant via custom serial connector :slight_smile:

3 Likes