Optimising CoD

I just tried jumping into CoD on an empty online server
Just moving the throttle, I get lag … the on-screen response is so slow that, at first, I thought the throttle wasn’t mapped. This was with engine off

So, can somebody point me at an “idiot’s guide” to optimising CoD
TIA

Good post Painter.
I do not have the problems you have. I flew online yesterday on Seyou’s server and it was smooth, except the time I ditched into the water. Then I got some stutters. We did have some connection problems, but I think it was all on Seyou’s end. But there were only 5 of us flying.
I have a pretty new system(well 6 months), it’s not the most powerfull. I’ll post the specs below.
I find the game very improved from a few months ago. It seems like a whole new game now, with all the fixes they have done. All the code on the game DVD I have is obsolete.
There is some stuff you can do, but I’m not the person to tell you…Perhaps Starfire, Seyou, Tony may know what to do to optimize COD.
Just wanted you to know that the game is playable now and will hopefully be better in the next patch.

My cptr specs

i7 2600K, 4.3GHz
16 GB DDR3 RAM
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
ASUS GTX 560TI (not SLI)

Thinking about trying SLI and would appreciate some feedback if anyone is using SLI with the game.

My Specs…

Recycle Bin :smiley:

Hey Painter,

if you want we can spend 20 mins togheter online in TS and check your game conf as video settings etc…I think will be faster. I should be online tomorrow or thursday night, pls let me know

S!

Charlie :frowning: :slight_smile:

There’s an RoF campaign starting up on Thursday next week. We’re all beginners, canvas and wires, magic :slight_smile:

Ming

Seyou, thanks
I’ll try to be on early tonight (Thursday) so we can talk it through

I found this very useful ~

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=254014&postcount=13

runing a Q9550 6gb ram gtx570 and win 7 64bit home - I get some screen lag on the stick (online) but its still very playable (using the settings above). The next patch due soon :wink: and is aimed to improve performance by “50%” . I’m putting of upgrading till I see how this works out. IF they bring in the promised weather in the distant future, then I bet this will need some proper horse power.