Old Regimental Panograph Photo research

Hi all,

I have a photograph of an Irish Group of soldiers circa pre-WWI. The photo was taken by the Belfast Panograph company and i would like the regiment identified.

I will post the photo up as soon as i can get it scanned carefully, but i was wondering if the history buffs amongst us could recommend anywhere i could go online to find uniforms. The soldiers are wearing white trousers and have the Irish harp & crown. Their headdress is a large sort of slightly conical (wide at top) hat with a peak above the eyes and a round bobble or ‘hackle’ at the front top. As i say i’ll post a photo as soon as i can.

@ Dan: Dan have you access to any sort of Army historical database or anything…if you help me out i’ll let you recruit me!

@ Dan: Dan have you access to any sort of Army historical database or anything…if you help me out i’ll let you recruit me!

Apologys mate but like the American army we have got civvies running most of it (we just do the hard work), to that end it means finding anything apart from your own regimentel history is damn imposible. The HQ of both tank regiments (Run by Civvies) is even taking away our regimental museam which is full of WW1/2 stuff:(
May have to just search the infomation super highway;)

Another example of stupid changes…
I fly my model planes on a local RAF bases, the gate guard and security office now want to do a ful security check on me and have given me loads of paperwork to fill in too:( The funny side is, i can operate multi million pound tanks with secret armour but i cant get on a nearly empty airfield at the weekend without loads of hassle:(

Check me out for going of topic lol
Sry i cant help again mate

Dan

Found out from the British Badge Forum that it islikely to be a dress-up pageant held around 1937 showing the uniforms of the RIC (Royal Irish Constabulary, forerunner to the RUC(Ulster), forerunner to the PSNI our current police force)

They have an unhealthy amount of knowlege and were able to tell me within an hour :slight_smile:
http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Richy…

And if they came here they would find a unhealthy knowlage of the RAF:D

the gate guard and security office now want to do a ful security check on me and have given me loads of paperwork to fill in too

From a selfish point of view that’s excellent news Dan, I’m expecting something over the next few weeks down here in [location withheld]. Haversacks everywhere you look. Expecting it every day actually, doesn’t pay to forget the worm in the apple, remembering while saying goodbye at the door to wives and husbands. Thanks for looking after us mate and a Happy Christmas to all you service guys

Ming