Old Noob saying hallo

Hi all, I am new in town and would like to introduce myself. I have playing 20 years (time flys) from Operation Flashpoint upto ARMA-3 and lately DCS and I was looking and found a groep to fly warbirds with. Flying alone is not that much fun and I enjoy some teamwork.
Who am I, OldBoy.-Rob… got this name from being an OldBoy rugby player at the Rotterdam Rugby Club. I am 63 years young, my 2 boys are out of the house and I have 2 grandkids.
I live in a small town near Rotterdam thats called OldChurch on the IJssel. LOL even the place i live is Old. My other hobby is (smoking) BBQ.
Hope to meet you all soon . one issue: I don’t have IL2 only DCS :slight_smile:
Cheers

4 Likes

Welcome! :+1:

1 Like

Hi OldBoy!!

1 Like

Hi Rob, welcome aboard!

1 Like

Welcome, another old grey eagle! :wink:
Here you will also find other drivers “differently young”, inserted in the geriatric group!
There are no good pilots, there are old pilots. :+1:

2 Likes

This is easily remedied :wink:, for those over sixty IL-2 is mandatory ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

:rofl:
Which one of the IL-2 do you mean, the original series aka Forgotten Battles, or IL-2 Cliffs of Dover or IL-2 Battle of X? :wink:

Hi and welcome Rob! You don’t need anything else than DCS as it is. Are you only flying WW2 planes, or do you have any modern as well? We used to have a decent number of dutch pilots, but unfortunately they haven’t been seen in a long time.

2 Likes

Hi Rob! Welcome! Bbq and sim for me too! :joy:

2 Likes

Hi Rob
If I am not mistaken, EAF51 flies largely DCS WWII.
But I am still not updated about this. I have been out of circulation due to a family matter.

Cheers,

1 Like

At the moment we are pretty 100% on DCS with about 20 pilots.

1 Like

Yea, and 100% of the active non-51 pilots also fly DCS. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

A small group still flies with IL2 1946 BAT-MOD 4.1.2
It remains a milestone and despite DCS is a beautiful simulator, maps, planes, missions on the various operating theaters from 1915 to the present day, remain priceless! (And then it costs nothing, it’s free! Just ask! :grin: :wink: )

2 Likes

Welcome OldBoy !

1 Like

thanks for the welcome.
Cheers :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beers:

2 Likes

Welcome OldBoy and in particular welcome to the group of Turkeys . A Turkey is a pilot in training which needs to earn his wings. That is why you will see a “T” in your call sign. “T” will be removed when the instructors decide we have owned the combat Readiness status and the wings will be granted to us.

2 Likes