"Nobody is left behind!"

Just watched an really interesting documentation about prisoners of war and how they never came back to their families just for politics. I never heard of this or made myself ideas about it , Its very sad an heartbraking.

Na ja, Paf…:frowning:

Wehrmacht soldaten often payed for everybody, in that giant delirium called WWII…[ul]
[li]People who voted for our Fascist Parties, changed mind with almost no problem, as soon as the War started going bad;[/li][li]High Officers, War Criminals, and all Apparat Managers found a way to recycle themselves (especially with the Cold War approaching), when not helped by Odessa Organization;[/li][li]Ordinary soldiers were instead condemned by their own uniform…:([/ul]Especially in the Eastern Front, ordinary Soldiers payed fully for all the Horrors they were only a part of: many German (and Italian :wink: ) POWs came back in the Sixties, only after having rebuilt half of the Country they were just ordered to invade…[/li]
The only justification iI can imagine is: could a People who lost tens of millions people, get too much concerned about the hundreds of thousands dead and prisoners, that his enemy left behind?

It is so sad to admit that everything was started by those Germans and Italians who supported (and voted: Mussolini actually didn’t make a Putsch…he just won the Elections!..) our Fascisms long BEFORE the War…:frowning:

I recently started admiring German people enormously, for the huge work of Historical research and self-consciousness, started by the generation of the Sons of those who took part in the War! :wink:

Florian, an Osterreicher Friend of mine from Wien, told me that his Grandfather, who fought in WWI (he got a Medal the same day, in the same place where MY own Grandfather got one too, fighting on the opposite side!!) often told him about his experience, and WWI was not less cruent than WWII…but on the other hand, Florian’s Father NEVER told him ANYTHING about his life in the 40s…he was a Sturmbannfuhrer (SS Sergeant, I think) in the Eastern Front…:eek:

Vielen Grusse aus deine Italienische Freunde…

Hi MonsTTer,
yes I feel it as a great pleasure to fly with people from all over europe and the US together, having fun together, knowing our grandfathers fought as enemies.
As you said, here in germany there is no way not to be confronted with what happened at WW2 and there were put alot of energy from the sixties into the research that this will never happen again. But somehow all this POW-stuff never seemed a big issue for me. My grandfather was several years in russia and came back in the fifties and this somehow belongs to our history and the history of war. But i never heard befor, that hundreds of us-american soldiers which were taken as POW from the germans during the war ended in work-camps in russia and never ever came back. When the russian army conquered parts of germany and POW-camps they didnt release the allied POW’s, but captured them to have a factor of pressure against the west-allies. Everybody saw the rising cold-war.
The documentation gave a look from the first world war, over the 2nd, Korea and Vietnam. The US-Government always said that there is nobody left behind. A slap into the face of the families of the missing soldiers. There was evidence that still POWs are in russia for example from 2nd Worldwar and Korea and in the 90s Boris Jelzin confirmed this. Also till the 90s on satelite-photos special codes/signs of american soldiers were be found in vietnam. But the government said, there is nobody left behind. Same for Laos, which was no official war, so there are no shot down pilots etc…

Its just sad to imagine, someone steps into a cockpit to defend or fight for his country, has to bail out, survives, hopes to survive the war to get back, having faith in his government to get him out, but its denieing his existance.

Sorry if there are parts hard to understand, misunderstandable or offending, but i have problems to say all this in english.

The problem was probably that no-one knew, or could prove, that they where actually in Russia (or should I say USSR). A lot of space to hide loads of people, and no realistic way to figure out if/who was in the camps. Same, but to a less degree in S-E asia.

Another example of someone disappearing in the Soviet system is Raoul Wallenberg. He was taken by the Soviets at the end of the war, and all that have surfaced about him since then is rumours, nothing substantial, and it’s still not known what happened to him. Something as simple as a mistyping can have erased all traces of him, from a bureacratic point of view. I’ve just read a book by a russian author, don’t have it close so I can check the authors name, but the title was (freely translated) something like “the showelmaster”. The author spent something like close to 20 years in prison camps in siberia, and one of the stories he tell is about a prison transport heading for the camps. On one stop they can’t find one of the prisoners on the list (papers wasn’t complete). On the next stop they visited a market and brought one man that couldn’t speak or understand any russian with them to replace the missing prisoner. No-one noticed anything until after several years…

Oh yeah, communism and the dictatorship of the people is a lovely idea. :barf:

I recently started admiring German people enormously

Same here. It started with (the original) ‘Heimat’ I think which was so beautiful, I feel very sad for the German people that they may feel responsible in some way for the sins of their fathers and their Fatherland - they are not. The old Germany was a victim of the psychopath. British psychopaths also had their time.

War makes people become strange and strangers. War allows psychopaths freedom to act without being held back by Justice or Pity. Every country has these psychopaths lying brooding and peacetime is the only thing that holds them back from atrocity and from atrocity on a grand scale

I am lucky. I come from the Make Love Not War generation. I may pay for my sins of Love one day but not yet :slight_smile:

Ming