New Year's Resolution for 2024

I’ll definitely fly more modern era aircraft. Starting from the cold war (Korean, Vietnam, etc…) till the post cold war (Gulf, Iraq, etc…)

I think I have collected (thanks to the latest DCS sales) a decent set of aircrafts and theaters to keep up busy almost all the week.

My latest addition to the collection is the F16 (thanks to the latest update is closing the gap with my beloved Microprose Falcon 4)

So, anyone interested in accepting the challenge?

2 Likes

Let me know when you’re up for flying the F-16, it’s the plane that I honestly fly the most, and my first love (outside of the Viggen) along with the Spitfire. I’m barely scratching the sureface when it comes to using it, but I can at least do some basic stuff (using A-A missiles, and dropping bombs with CCIP as well as using AGM-88’s).

I’m usually running one of my 4 different versions of training missions on my server with the F-16, F/A-18 and some other planes. The server should be paused when no-one is on it, and usually for the first 2 hours there is a mix of action to do, if it runs too long it’s probably only ground units left. You’re all welcome to use it. but if you notice that not much is going on it might need a restart of the mission, just let me know if that happens and I’ll reload the mission (or a new one).

If anyone have a good mission that you want me to run, sent it to me and I’ll put it in. I would like to find good missions on the Syria map with a mix of planes and what to do.

1 Like

I’ve spent this Christmas vacation studying few tutorials.
and what really piqued my interest are SEAD missions.
looks so funny, anyway, these are few playlist I came across:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJzM1AGIYtiK_H6zB4idHpOAWDVObyvNR
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3kOAM2N1YJf8pIMCKRmRnP2RWkrWkSyZ
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmKZwgrxRmasAT5Spt9HBBjpy93_9vZbm

Looking forward to flying in multiplayer some missions as soon a I get home.
How about in scheduling few evenings as tutorials to anyone want to get started with the Viper?

Well, obiously it depends in case anyone else is interested…

1 Like

I fly moderns quite often, even if never in a “structured” way like we do together in EAF with warbirds.
I can fly the Falcon quite well, even if I’d definitely need a refresh on weapon systems.

I’m more proficient on A-10C II and as Apache pilot.

Let me know if you should set something up! :wink:

1 Like

Depending on what version of my mission that is running it will have different SAM’s to attack, in the first version of the mission it has SA-10’s that can be tricky to handle, specially if there’s also coming 4 Su-27 (IIRC) coming for you at the beginning. :smiley:

Can’t remember if the A-10C II is available in all versions of the missions, but it is in some at least.

1 Like

Oh well, putting aside personal preferences/skills, I think it would be better to focus on a module we can fly together, at least in couples! I would happily use F-16 in case we should arrange some missions :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have tweak my missions slightly so that we will have 4 F-16’s from the same base in all of them. Also some other minor tweaks. Right now what I think is the hardest mission when it comes to SAM’s is loaded.

1 Like

Anyone asked for a Viggen Pilot? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Even the f5 or F1 are good to me.

Love them!!