New Red Orchestra update!

New update for those who play Red Orchestra… New map, new German tank!
The map is a tankers dream… it’s massive!:slight_smile:

with nice rolling terrain, for masking your tank when you move and going hull down.

Although you will need a two man crew and a tank team to survive. Forgot a few times that reloading is manual now. STUG in front !! Click, click, fried instead of fired.

Red Orchestra, I had almost forgotten all about it. Not a bad game, but it never managed to capture me like OFP or even Call of Duty did, and now ArmA have highest priority for me when it comes to shooters of all types.

I’m at the edge and wondering If I should buy RO…

I got ArmA, which I totally love, the best (after OFP) ground sim and fps at all, but is RO better than ArmA? I have tried a 10 day free trial, and I was not very impressed, when compeering it to other games which is based on ground sim.

Anyway, I will only buy RO if I can be able to play with others as a team, that means with you from EAF…If there is not many EAF players online, then I’ll rather play ArmA, which is extremly good and very funny online as well. And there are ppl from EAF playing it also, pity I havent seen any one yet:(.

So, go for RO or stay with ArmA? (low on money so cant buy everything:p)

IMO, no, not even close to beeing as good as ArmA (ok, I haven’t tried the latest patch, but I really doubt that a patch could turn the game into something completely different). I haven’t tried ArmA much online at all, so that might be a weakness compared to RO who have worked really good online with the older patches for me (it is, more or less, a pure online game).

So my suggestion is that you save the money, but other who have played RO more, or have different interests might disagree.

I gotta admit that RO really captures war for me. It has that great insane constant attrition feel that was the eastern front. Great sounds too and good elements of realism. Arma has better and more including TIR head movement which is great, but very difficulty controls to get everything working right… takes ages.

WWII appeals to me better than modern day though.

Biggest problem is choice. I like to pick one and stay with it. RO, ARMA, AA…

I think it may have to be RO in the end.

They are all good, but for the sake of a few quid, RO has given me hours of entertainment… The basic package on the steam site is nothing to worry about, it’s so cheap!

You mean there is a basic and a “ultimate” RO pack or?

Is it possible to buy some kind of ultimate or “best” RO pack, if you know what I mean?

Since When I buy things I want the best of the best, not fooling around with something which must be upgraded to much;).

I’ve thinking of buying the game in a shop, if i’m interested, but is it any other RO pakcs which is better than the one in the shops?