MULTITHREADING! Open Beta 2.8.3.37556 is out!

@51Squadron @41wing

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.8.3.37556/

Prima versione (beta, con possibili bug, ecc…) del multithreading!!
Leggete qui per indicazioni su come eseguire DCS in multithreading!
https://forum.dcs.world/topic/320618-dcs-multithreading-faq/

Cazz da provare subitoooooooo

Cheers!
Iba

3 Likes

Stasera, finita la mia settimana di passione alla sera…ci provo, se non mi addormento sullo stick!

fatto un po’ di tuning… sembra andare meglio in steam VR

Installing a fresh DCS at home, and updating the server.

And, I got a “STATUS: 502 Bad Gateway” after a short while when trying to update the server. Maybe ED’s server is overloaded from everyone wanting to update to the multithreading hotness.

Well, now both installs seems to have finished successfully.

2 Likes

Well, I need to add all the modules too! Might take a couple of hours… :rofl:

rettifica: Openxr con filtro CAS. avevo 90 fps su normandy… poi dopo aver rilanciato stessa missione FPS giu a 77 e stuttering a volontà. reboot necessario.

rimane il problema upside-down. risolvo commutando 2D/3D.

went from 36 fps with bad frame times and huge dips when a lot of stuff is happening on the server to 36 stable with less dips

1 Like

I haven’t flown on the new install yet, but watching a track I got 180 fps at high altitude, and around 130-140 at low altitude. I tried some higher settings on the graphics, but was still at 180fps at high altitude, but watching helicopters at low altitude over a forest sank the framerate to below 100. Still pretty ok.
I don’t know how many hours I’ve spent flying (in different sims) with framerates hovering between 20 and 30 fps over the years, I hope that is a thing of the past now. :joy:

Ok, so I have flown the F-16 on my own server, had one glitch where one Mig-29 was invisible, I could only see the smoke from the engines, afterburner fire, and it’s weapons, but I could shoot it down with a AIM-120. I think the lowest framerate I saw was just under 100.
Then I tried Spitfire on Channel map, over England. Framerate at low altitude over a city in a Spitfire dropped down to just under 60 at the worst. Then tried the Huey on same map, and same deal there, just under 60 fps at low altitude over Dover.
Everything at 2560x1440.

mt update introduced a bug where you can see contacts through clouds in vr

yesterday I flew a mission and clearly see white dot in the cloud. I thought it was someone with formation lights on…