Monday 20th, Lunedì 20 Settembre, training big wing & mosquito

As I said, using the same two axes for elevator and rudder trim works just fine in the Spitfire and ok in the P-47.
I see that others are complaining about trim not working well in the Mosquito, and I also saw a hack about changing the amount of trim per press of the button to 1/4 of the standard setting. Still, with a axis set and with some curves set to it, I didn’t think it would be necessary.

I will try it a little more tonight, and if it feels too bad I’ll fly F-16 instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

Si ma stasera c’è anche molto altro da fare, che riguarda qualsiasi aeroplano.

Having a chat with Chip before take-off. But it seemed like he ignored me! :frowning:

But after having tried from the other wing I gave up and jumped down from the wing, but then my para harness got stock in one of his rockets! :thinking:

The very black Chip still ignored me and started taxing!

All the way to the runway!

4 Likes

Before that I managed to get the Mossie started. On first try I did something wrong (probably left the prop pitch at full) and my left engine started smoking as I got airborne.
On second try I regulated my pitch, and after flying for a short while I found how to open the radiators.
I tried dogfighting a 190A, but that didn’t work out so good for me, I ended up bailing when I long one wing.

Trim is still a problem, I flattened the elevator trim curve, but that lead to me not beeing able to trim it enough, so I had to keep constant forward preassure on the stick to not go straight up. :frowning: And pushing forward on the stick of course leads to engines cutting out.
But rudder trim at least seemed to work tonight. Not sure about aileron trim, that might have still been missing, but that didn’t matter anyway as I had to keep pushing on the stick anyway.

I would say that at the current state the Mosquito is promising, but I don’t consider it finished enough for anything serious at the moment, hopefully they will be able to improve it on the next patch…

2 Likes

Probably they switched people from the Hornet to the Mossie for bug fixing so I’m optimist👍
Try two dogfight with an A8 and D9 and managed to win but with a lot of stress and patience… Then try a 109 and it kick my ass, need to study :rofl:

Nah, people from the Hornet are now working on the F-16. :wink:

But yes, I’m optimistic as well, Spitfire wasn’t perfect from the start either.

I’m sorry, Mikke, but I just didn’t see you and I honestly didn’t understand what you said to me, already my English is reduced, piously your voice overlapped with the others.
And by the way, you miss our skins, the ones you saw, they weren’t the ones we saw!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16QbZFDzN9d-XGT_g0reoJJmxYE8g-ioJ/view?usp=sharing
https://forum.europeanaf.net/t/skins-per-p51-spitfire-ixlf-e-cw-del-51-stormo-e-varie-per-dcs/34142

1 Like

:laughing: No problem Chip, I figured you couldn’t see me, but I had to take some pics of it. :smiley: