Mass Effect for PC

Due out in May woot! :slight_smile:

In Crysis I’m currently destroying mobile flak. DX10 and Vista gets my vote <runs away>

Ming

Crysis… Isn’t that a game for gays???..:roflmao::D:roflmao:

Isn’t that a game for gays???..

I’ve been following your walk-through mate. After you Claude :slight_smile:

Wait a minute that suit you’re wearing in Crysis with the cloak and powerups “It’s more high-tech ceramic plate armour than Spandex honest…” is a bit suspect now you mention it. It’s a Gimp suit. Feels real good. Go on get Crysis you know you want to :slight_smile:

Ming

Did you mention rubber or latex?.. Ok, I’m in!!:smiley:

Ming, I noticed that when your Cloak power ran out you were waring Chaps and a G String and what was that gun you were using, A Grease gun?:roflmao:

Mass Effect looks good:)

Gun? What gun? :slight_smile:

Very enjoyable is the Crysis FPS Troop, outstanding simulation of a real island. Clear the enemy, objective completed, wander around checking out the wildlife and enjoying the views it’s meat and drink to anyone who came to simulations from basic 3D graphics not too many years ago. The water-handling is again outstanding. I was getting pummeled near death and dragged myself into a sewer network, got away from the enemy helicopter by following the pipes to the inlet at a sewer works. Something that couldn’t have been scripted because I was desperate and nearly drowned, if I hadn’t spotted the sewer network outlet I’d have been dead but there was no need for the game designer to include the complex network in the first place. Someone sat down and designed a gameworld where they would like to play, nothing skimped-on everything in its place

Can get a little boring the scout/destroy/mop up routine like anything obviously but I keep picking it up for one more go so I know it’s a pretty decent game

Mass Effect sounds like a really good role-playing game with longer legs, the blast in Crysis doesn’t make up for having finished Witcher :frowning:

Ming

Want ultra high graphics for Crysis? Check out the incrysis forum, under general.
Playing it under Vista and with this 8 month tested mod it really adds some nice effects and its quicker. :slight_smile:

In the swamps in Witcher, still looking for the last rune stone to open up the tower.

Want ultra high graphics for Crysis?

Nope :slight_smile:

In the swamps in Witcher, still looking for the last rune stone to open up the tower.

Did you get the- wait spoiler space-

Did you get the stone from the merchant guy at the dock? Leyland or something like that, you have to do him a favour first. He’s below the door uphill that you can’t get into yet. Dutch name he’s got. Otherwise you had one already I think and the rest just turn up in your wanderings

I could be wrong about the stones mate sorry if so. I’m dealing with a chopper 50ft down on the sea bed that should have got taken out in battle but it must have collided with something and now I can’t take it out to progress the story. Then this morning I thought “Wonder if this radio-detonated explosives kit works underwater…” Being in electronics of course I disregarded that possibility, perhaps unwisely. Is there waterproof FM :slight_smile:

Ming

Crysis continues to get deeper and more interesting. Check the Credits where practically everyone working at Crytek is a family member. Like the guy running your local DIY shop and his four nephews always standing around trying to look like customers. Spread the love :slight_smile:

Last time after leaving the harbor map which was amazing, through a rail tunnel and looking up as half a mountain slides away in a huge seismic event - I almost got out of the tank to whip a camera out how much more immersive can it get - there’s an almighty armour battle, physics wow. In the valley going forward as part of an armoured assault unit I can see how combat sims are going to get even more realistic. The air is full of stuff. No engineers to repair the tanks wtf, get out and run behind a friendly, hard work

For 8800 owners I see that NVidia have announced that their Aegia acquisition will soon be integrated but under software rather than new hardware, new cards. Drivers for the 8800 will run Aegia physics under the 8800 hood. This probably means that the more local memory (on the card) the better, to allow for the Aegia routines running somewhere within the memory footprint of the 8800. Local videocard memory is very fast-access. Oi it’s ok to dream :slight_smile:

Ming

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=143303

Yummy

Ming

Seeing the amount of polygon-pushing in Assassin’s Creed, there’s no reason why the final part of Crysis should have been a jerkfest. Apart from all that overlaying textures daftness on the boat

Nice intermezzo in AC but the Mass Effect PC download from EA starts some time tonight/tomorrow. Over 4GB apparently

Polishing the router as we speak. Pull-through and a clean firing pin :slight_smile:

Ming

One hour and 15 minutes…

Picked the right week to take off work :slight_smile:

14 lol

Ming

Looks as if this new EA Download Manager is working fine that’s the second game (huge downloads, this one’s 7.5 GB after extraction currently under way) I’ve bought from them, Dutch server download for UK

Post-launch report later if there’s no equipment malfunctions

Ming

Installed and running fine on Vista x64 with the fabulous Asus D2X Xonar

It’s not the absolutely staggering Assassin’s Creed but it’s very good and RPG style and with longer legs I suspect. Great storyline and characters, very early days so just a heads-up that it runs without any machine-type snags so far

It models DiskWorld by the look of it, the green and pleasant-so-far world inside the spinning Rim of a gigantic construction with gravity gained from the Rim’s centrifugal force. You know, that force that doesn’t actually exist :slight_smile:

Ming

Discworld is just the Citadel

Running it in a 1600x1200 window fixed the GPFs so far…

Very much enjoying it now as both an RPG and as an FPS, finding emotional moments even as well as moments of high drama. Quality game, planetary exploration, battles, puzzles are exciting. People claim it’s boring landing on ‘planets that are very similar’. Why do we listen to idiots, it’s planetary exploration and a big cannon :slight_smile:

Ming

Tried the game.

Not bad, impressive at first but very lite. Its not really an rpg, but more a short action story. I liked the Combat alot, quite tactical, but too easy in the end for me. I had to play on Veteran to get my fun out of it. You can see it was really made for consoles. Once done, i couldnt be bothered to go thru again.

It was nice making your own face and seeing it very well animated, you being the hero. Story pretty good too.

I just would like more depth in rpgs, especially side quests even Oblivion lasted longer.

The game got rated 17+ in the Us for the sex scene. It got rated 12 in Britain.

I think Britain got it right.

It got my attention…but better refrain

lol. That was the best part of the whole thing!

Still enjoying it, level 39

Three things I never tire of-

Walking around the docking bay looking at the Normandy as she’s docked, shiny metal textures, atmospherics after the amazing footage of her arrivals

Getting shot out of a cannon to cross systems using the mass effect (don’t ask) on departures, and entering atmospheres

The Mako being dropped from the Normandy for planetside searches, the sequence where it’s dropped inside the atmosphere and it swoops down, brakes with retro-rockets then lands, thumps down - just never get tired of that sequence, all in-game rendering

Some people don’t like the Mako, it’s a tank-like vehicle that sticks like glue to canyon walls so a real planetary Rover. Each planet has its own style although they all look the same to some people. Landing on a moon with a large planet nearby, really awesome moments climbing a mountain following a signal from a crashed escape probe and hitting the top and seeing a sun and maybe another sun, red giant perhaps and you can see the magnetosphere and the boiling plasma surface - like movies of our Sun surface seen through heavy filters

Some people don’t see it as a proper RPG but I’m pretty involved in the storyline and the many quests/missions. Still needing to have the quick save now and then as your arse gets handed to you by some new threat sometimes, although as a team we’re pretty tough now

The team is interesting, you can take two from five or six for each time you leave the Normandy, docked or planetary exploration. You can build them up with upgrades, select new weapons for them and so on. They do ok as backup. I haven’t felt the need to follow some people’s advice ‘Don’t send them in or they take kills away from you so you lose experience points!’ - I prefer to allow them some sort of autonomy and sod the bean-counting, we’re a team and one of them is fricking gorgeous, RTB standing-down form is to chat her up a bit more hoping something’s going to happen but we’re inter-species so treading carefully :slight_smile:

Comparing it all the time to Gothic 3, Witcher and Assassin’s Creed of course: and it stands up well to the comparison for me. Not so much daft ‘Kill The Rats’ missions like Morrowind, more like Star Trek’s ‘Kill The Evil Bastard’ Wrath of Khan mission

Four things. Audio is excellent in all phases. Real 20Hz poundings (with wireless headphones on) like say the Star Wars movies in a decent cinema where you’re feeling the bass notes of the ship’s engines. The ambience tracks are amazing everywhere. Deep scary rumblings, creaking and groanings, whistling winds and so on - feels very realistic on or off-planet. The chat to NPCs is above and beyond the call of duty, staggering amount of voice talent and very movie-like. I normally want to hurry things along but the NPCs synchronised lip movements on speaking is very realistic, much more immersion than I’ve seen before

Ming

Currently based on Noveria: looking to switch the tramcar back on via a decontamination procedure. It’s here somewhere :slight_smile:

Another little Mass Effect machinima gem from Overman.

So I Ran Over a Monkey

:roflmao: