Map issue

Hi Lads.

After a break I thought I’d get back into BoS but I’m having a problem with the in game map.

When I fly an offline campaign or an online game with normal settings I can get the map to work ok but when in the tanks or the wings of liberty servers the map will not come up on my monitor.

Any help will be much appreciated as it’s driving me up the wall at the moment. :confused:

Cheers.

Charlie.

Charlie as I remember there is 2 map options in BoS… a main one and a smaller one… some servers disable one of them… check your in game map options for the two of them… hope this helps

Stevie

Key ‘M’
Calls up the small and slightly invisible map. 1st press enable the map. The 2nd press, enlarge to approx. 1.5 the small one. The 3rd press disable the map.
The availability of map is server controlled.

Key ‘O’
The calls up a full screen map.

Key ‘I’
Gives you the overlay information.
This is server controlled and the amount of information depends on the server. It can display: Ammo used, compass, airspeed, wind direction, etc.

Red/Starfire.

After reading the thread on the RANDOM EXPERT server I entered the game. In this server my map would not work at all. I then tried the RANDOM NORMAL server and it works ok

Could anyone try the same and let me know if you get the same problem please.

Also I only ever get the small map in the bottom right corner of the screen. I never get the map over the whole screen either online or offline.

Cheers.

Charlie

Hi Charlie.
Long time buddy. Good to have you back.

Could they have disabled the map as an option?
Can’t think of anything else.

That’s what I’m hoping Apollo.

What makes me wonder is I was in the Wings of Liberty server and I typed in chat if the map was disabled.I got many replies telling me to press the “O” key and enable the map. I tried the O and M keys and a button I have mapped on my joystick and none of them would bring the map up.

Glad to be back m8 (I’m playing a baddie in BoS- been flying the 109) :rolleyes:

Hey! I’ve joined the dark side as well, flying the FW190!
But that must make us the good guys. Right?:cool:

It feels good, to be bad

Thanks to Red/OD and Topsy I managed to get the map working. For some reason the default “O” for the mission briefing overview and map had changed to Lctrl+Q ?? I presume this happened after the latest update as I for one certainly did not change it.

So with this now working we entered the Random Expert server and had a fly around in 109’s. No action to report as there were hardly any allied players in the server so after 30 mins patrolling we RTB’d all in one piece :slight_smile:

Thanks again chaps.

Happy to have you flying again Charlie!!!

Thank you Jimmi :slight_smile:

All I need now is some more stick time in the 109 and learn how to use it effectively in combat.

I’ve already learned not to enter a turn fight with a Yak 1. I ran like hell and had the legs to escape him. :o

Shame we’re on the ‘wrong’ side tho, somehow does not feel right to fly the superior machine most of the war.

I am used to fly the underdog that don’t pick fights but fights pick us, that was kind of the EAF spirit for a long time.

It is just odd having all that speed, climb, automated plane, bullet counters…heck I am just waiting for that 190 to start talking to me and eject countermeasures while telling me weather forecast for next 3 days…

Know what you mean, but good to learn though and get better at energy management. Plus easier for new pilot to BOS.

When we do a free for all, I’ll fly Red with you Cy :slight_smile: Have we got a campaign to fly in yet?