It's close...4.5 patch update

Check out the thread for the pics -
https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25221

The COD not dead, long live the COD!! :slight_smile:

As May comes to a close, TFS is pushing closer and closer to finishing up the next patch for the community. As things start to come together and testing begins, we wanted to reach out and give everyone somewhat of a “change log” of sorts about what to expect with 4.5. This list isn’t everything nor is it finalized (see last week’s post) with things possibly being added if time allows.

The amount of work that has been done is impressive and the man hours involved countless. TFS sees 4.5 as what we hope will be a definitive and final version of the original Cliffs of Dover, with additional aircraft, bugfixes, and improvements which bring the game up to the level the original developers had hoped for.

That said, here is a sample of what to expect with patch 4.5.

CODE:

• Complete rewrite of TFS mods to the source code.

• Enabling DX11

• Aircraft mirrors enabled

CORRECTED BUGS:

• Distant rivers looking like lakes

• Flashing plexiglass from bombers, known as the “Christmas tree effect”.

• Drained the three gigantic flooded water areas (#590) in France, aka known as "The Swimming Pools” @ AV02, BC16, BD14

• Grandvillier Airdrome @ BC07 corrected to show all airfield hangers

• Relly Norrante Fontes @ BF17 corrected to show all blast pens and Isbergues rail station.

• Somewhere in France removed unconnected railway buffer.

• Marquise West @ BA20 corrected to show 49 new objects, on airfield and nearby village.

• Campagne Les Guines @ BB20 corrected to show all 64 objects instead of 2 at airfield.

• East of St Tricat, German camp discovered and now showing.

• Frethun, railway station discovered and now showing.

• Spitfire I/IA/IIA cockpit fix for radiator lever.

• Blenheim cockpit and bombardier cabin switches added.

• Field modded Hurricane bomb switches added to cockpit.

• Hurricane wooden trim wheel corrected

EFFECTS: (Nearly all “particle effects” have been reworked, below are some)

• Engine damage smokes

• Exhaust flames

• Oil leaks

• Dust/Dirt

• Muzzle flashes

• Shell casings

• Weapon smoke

• Projectile impacts on all surfaces

• Tracer effects

• De Wilde impact flashes

• Bomb/Artillery explosions

• Vehicle explosions

• Flak effects

• Fuel fires

• Fuel explosions

• Aircraft crash explosions/fires

• Environmental smoke

• Chimney smoke

• Ship wakes

SOUND:

• Sound catalogs being worked to hopefully provide great improvements for 4.5

TERRAIN:

-New English landscape.

-New French landscape.

• New shaders

NEW FLYABLE AIRCRAFT:

• Beaufighter 1F Dayfighter (early) and 1NF Nightfighter (early) with Hercules III engine (The Beaufighter 1C with Hercules IX will not appear until TF 5.0).

• Bf-110C-6 anti-shipping and ground attack version, with 30mm cannon fuselage pod.

• Bf-110C-4B, (early ground attack) with low altitude optimized DB601Aa engines.

• Hurricane I Rotol Fighter-Bomber fitted with eight, 40 pound bombs. Note: This aircraft can be definitively confirmed to have been used in the Desert and from Malta… but so far there has been no confirmation it was used on the Channel Front. We decided to include it in TF 4.5 for two reasons… 1) It would probably be missed in all the excitement over the new aircraft… (there will be a Fighter-Bomber version of the Hurri IIB) and 2) It will give mission builders on the Channel map the opportunity to build campaigns with fighter-bombers on both sides. If users prefer not to include the aircraft, that is their choice.

• Blenheim IV, IVF (Late) with twin Browning rear turret. Bomb load additions include eight, 40 pound fuselage mounted bombs. Blenheim IV also has the ability of caring at least 2, possibly 4 SBC’s in the main bay, each holding six 40 pound bombs.

• Armed Tiger Moths variants, one with four 25 lb bombs, one with wing-mount .303 Vickers, and one with cockpit mount Czech 7.92mm firing through prop. We included the version with the bombs because it was a historical BoB aircraft… a last resort to be used if the Germans landed. The other two are included because we believe players will enjoy the opportunity to dogfight with a biplane… we hope to see all Tiger Moth maps as short fun missions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6XSpOFWa0Q

FM/DM FIXES:

• Spitfire fire (or lack of) bug corrected

• Re-mapped power physics .dll which corrects the engine bug, Spit MkIIA brakes/windmilling prop/restart, Tiger moth rudder trim, and numerous, numerous other corrections!

MISCELLANEOUS:

• Tom’s Air Force Bases/Maps

• New pilot uniforms and accessories

SKINS:

More than a handful of new skins for Channel aircraft. Here is one of the Beaufighter. (Reached my MB limit!)

I’m very happy about this. At least, I tried BoS and DCS , but the game I prefer is CloD… I’m waiting for the update and I hope it will soon.

I’m very happy about this. At least, I tried BoS and DCS , but the game I prefer is CloD… I’m waiting for the update and I hope it will come soon.

Nice! :slight_smile:

Two more weeks? I’m still not keen on going back to Track IR, but I will certainly give it a go.

I am looking forward to the Beu, but I have a nasty suspicion that their insight into the Beu designations are wrong. Although I don’t have any books to support my claim. Only information from the internet which is not known for accuracy.

- Beaufighter 1F Dayfighter (early) and 1NF Nightfighter (early) with Hercules III engine (The Beaufighter 1C with Hercules IX will not appear until TF 5.0).
-TF

The Mk. I that was build/equipped as nighfighters designated 1F initially. Not NF.

Bristol Beaufighter I: First production contract placed July 1939, for 300 aircraft (including the four prototypes) with 1,400 hp Hercules Ills. First 50 armed with four 20-mm Hispano cannon in nose; subsequent aircraft also had six 0.303-in (7.7-mm) guns in wings; Hercules XI engines in last 120 Filton-built Mk Is.

Mk IC
The Mk IC was developed for Coastal Command duties. The main difference at this early stage was that the Mk IC was equipped with 50 gallon “slipper” fuel tanks, developed for the Vickers Wellington. The aircraft was also equipped with a navigator’s table and direction finding equipment, essential for long range duties over the sea. The first Mk ICs entered service with No. 242 Squadron from March 1941, moving to the Mediterranean in May.

http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/weapons_beaufighter_variants.html

Source: Beufighter Aces (Book)

Bristol Beaufighter I: First production contract placed July 1939, for 300 aircraft (including the four prototypes) with 1,400 hp Hercules Ills. First 50 armed with four 20-mm Hispano cannon in nose; subsequent aircraft also had six 0.303-in (7.7-mm) guns in wings; Hercules XI engines in last 120 Filton-built Mk Is. Deliveries to RAF began July 27, 1940, initial deliveries being to Nos 25, 29, 219, 600 and 604 Squadrons. Most fitted with AI Mk IV ‘arrowhead’ radar for night-fighting role in retrospective programme starting September 1940. During 1941, Bristol Beaufighter Is adopted for Coastal Command service with long-range fuel tanks in place of wing guns and revised crew arrangements; deliveries began to No 252 Sqn in March 1942. Coastal Command version subsequently designated Mk 1C and Fighter Command version Mk IF. Production totals, 272 Mk IF and 78 Mk 1C at Filton, 240 Mk IF by MAP caption Factory at Weston-super-Mare; 25 IF and 300 Mk 1C by Fairey at Stockport including 72 Mk 1C supplied to RAAF, of which one re-engined in Australia with 1,600 hp Wright GR-2600-A5B radials, and flown in August 1944. First operational with No 30 Sqn, RAAF, in September 1942.

http://www.airpages.ru/eng/uk/boif.shtml

You are correct, it was a Mk IF, there was a Mk IC as well though (I think). It’s definitely an aircraft to look forward to, but I really have started to lose interest in the sim without a proper campaign, we’ll see what happens!

Have we got a proper campaign somewhere…I’m flying offline campaigns for this reason.

What I’d hoped for is the Wellington, a cannon armed Spit and VR, however it will be TFS 5.

However, a bomb armed Hurricane, a Beau, a new Blenheim plus all the graphics, sound and map improvements will be a big bonus. If they can get the AI sorted out, I’m sure some of the regular campaign makers will be tempted back.

There won’t be any SEOW like campaign system for Clod before the road and rail system have been fixed. The instant jump of ground units that are done in the Spanish campaign system are to big an immersion killer.

I think we’re unlikely to see a version of Storm of War come around again; though it would be good to see the RAF on the attack - make it early 1941. I don’t think we’ll get anything like that again.

Wolverine is involved in the recent discussions regarding the AI over at TF, if they get that sorted he might build something, plus it should be easier to move ground units around in a desert. https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25174

Reddog might :confused:…depends on timing and the AI & map fixes. He doesn’t seem that keen on DCS compared to Phil. (they also are promising NetCode fixes)

Lets see…in two weeks.