Il2 cracked again

Version 4.08 is cracked again:
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=47588

translate to english with Babelfish (translate whole page):

Video of the extracting-tool. I don’t know if its real, but I fear so.

Didnt translate the page, but the link you gave also shows demos of 6dof working in il2. Now that looks amazing wish they would implement it.

Why?

What can they achieve by hacking a game apart from dividing a gaming community?

I can see this sim will end up either abandoned by Oleg or some sort of punkbuster type anti-cheat software will be implemented. All seems just a little insane to me.

The video is over 6 months old, and is very likely a repost of an earlier video showing the same.

I’ve seen videos of hacked 6dof in IL2 a while back.

Yep, have to agree with Maddog. I saw the 6dof video quite a while ago. The ability to hack into IL2 files has been around for a few years now. Luckily using any kind of altered file will not get you online.
Furthermore the person who shoehorned 6dof into IL2 wrote an editting program for unpacking IL2 core files, told everyone he did it, then went on to tell everyone, out of respect for Mr Maddox, that he wouldn’t ever release it.

Furthermore the person who shoehorned 6dof into IL2 wrote an editting program for unpacking IL2 core files, told everyone he did it, then went on to tell everyone, out of respect for Mr Maddox, that he wouldn’t ever release it.

Good to hear it, also glad to hear that anyone who did modify would not be able to get it goin online. Ta

Yes I know, but this was before version 4.08. And 4.08 took longer to came to us just because MG has to crypt the files again so the hacking from 6 months ago is ineffective. This software (cracking-tool) extrcats the sfs-files, where you can change everything and then its written back into the original file.

Btw. 6DOF with il2 planes won’t be much fun, because the cockpits are not build for it, that means a lot of faces of the 3D-model are missing that you can’t see from fixed cockpitview to get better performance. So using 6Dof would see you through the nose etc.

Regarding 6DOF, I got me BOB 2 Wings of Victory (glad I did’nt spend full price) and found the 6DOF interesting but not of much use once airborne, I hope it has a better ‘feel’ in Storm of War

Is it ‘First of Eagles’?

Anyway TK’s WW1 sim is amazing with TIR you can duck down into the cockpit and all sorts. Jaw-dropping really. Definitely 6DOF will be a must for new sims I don’t think you need to fit the 6DOF clip to be highly impressed with the new freedom of movement. You can’t lean I suppose without proper 6DOF but as your head moves around and up and down and in and out in the FoE cockpit there’s parallax between the various parts of the plane - bit like 3D. The sim is not KotS though… doesn’t feel like you’re in a real plane like 1946

Ming

I’ve got WoV with 6dof, and its the same as anything… you have to get it properly set up to enjoy it.
I love the fact that I can taxi around with an open cockpit and lean out to get a better view… something you cant do in IL2.
Also, if you are in a heavily framed cockpit, you can simply move your head further forward or back, or to the side to see around the cockpit framing… something else you can’t do in IL2…
6dof will be one of the many ‘icing on the cake’ when Oleg finaly gets his backside in gear and finishes SoW… wait and see.:slight_smile:

Another vote for 6DOF here. BoBII 6DOF is alright, but it came to life in First Eagles for me. Looking past wing spars in a dogfight was a great benefit and emmersion maker for me, even if FE was shite in the long run :slight_smile:

F.E did end up a bit of a disapointment didn’t it…still like a wee scrap in the SE5 though, or the F86 in Strike Fighters for that matter.:slight_smile: