Il2 1946 steam version

Could probably find answer online on this one, but the game is quite old and you get a lot of outdated info so I figured it’s best to ask among friends first. It’s more reliable info.

First off just want to say I really like Steam in general. Steam makes it simple for me to stay in touch with friends when in game, it also keeps things simple for me regarding installs, patching, etc…

Now I have already bought CLOD and ROF on steam (even tho I own non steam versions as well). And I plan doing the same for IL2:1946 (heh that will be 3rd time I’m buying same game, but whet the heck, it’s a good game and well worth it :)).
But I need to know if I can normally use HSFX or any other required mods with steam version?

Does any of you run steam version? And if so, are there any difficulties modding it I should know about?

Guess no one has it, so here is initial report since I bought it anyway.

Mods work just fine, same as for any other version, and same goes for Clod.

What does not work is steam overlay if hyperlobby is used. HL runs hard coded executable file in folder we provide in settings and that goes around steam link to run a game.

Bottom line, when you play over HL, no steam in game (means no comms, web browser, cloud based SS and video capture). If you run game trough steam, you get all that but can only do SP or join MP directly over IP.

I find it still worth it since steam is simple and fastest way for me to install game up to latest patch.

Over and out,

Cy