HSFX Failure

Morning All.

I had a peculiar problem with the HSFX part of my UP2.01 install.

I was prepping up for the up & coming SEOW when without notice the HSFX part of my UP201 would not run. It would get to 70% and then just vanish completely; not even crashing to the desktop. I ran the update/restore 3 times and still the HSFX splash screen would crash. (I also noticed that after the crash my screen resolution was all over the place and the UP Switcher kept defaulting back to “Ultrapack Enabled”, and if I ran it the Ultrapack would work fine)

Before deciding to do a fresh install, I ran the UP201 installer straight over my “broken” UP201 folder,then ran the UP Updater immediately afterwards and fortunately it worked :slight_smile: …HSFX is now working fine with the UP Switcher.

I dont have a clue why the HSFX part should just pack up without warning but I thought I would post this incase anyone else should experience the same problem; as it did save me a lot of time.

Regards Fellas

Charlie ~S~

Thanks for the heads-up Charlie, will check that out later in sunny-for-once where I am and a mule-train operation in the offing (Sainsburys) :slight_smile:

Ming

EDIT ABOVE.

Dont bother Ming m8…after all that and getting HSFX working fine again…guess what?..

Yes…its started crashing at 70% !!

I give up with these mod installs. :mad:

Regards

Charlie.

That,s a bugger Charlie:(

I defraged my dard drive and guess what HSFX would not work after it, think it chucked it at 70% aswell also tried the updater but with no luck but was lucky and had a separate install on my other drive so managed to just to do another copy to my C: drive and all was ok, the benifit of having two installs saved a loy of hassle if you have got disk space

You didnt happen to do a defrag did you, or was it out of the blue so to speak?

Hope you get it sorted m8 would be good to get as many as possible in for the next SEOW

Stevie

Hi Steve.

I had to completely re-download UP201 via uTorrent, make a vanilla copy of 1946 then patch with 408 & 409 and then run the UP installation and then run the UpUpdater.

It now seems to work fine with both UP & HSFX. How long for tho is another question :rolleyes:

Cya tonight m8

Regards

Charlie.

Oops forgot to answer your question…

The HSFX part just packed up willy-nilly…no defrag involved etc, it just stopped working without warning and that was after having it working faultless for 6 months ??

PPS…

Now it messes about yet again.??

Best count me out for the new SEOW :frowning: