Hosting probs

Its ok when I host for 1 or 2.

But when I try to host for more (4 tonight) my connection just stops. When Windows tries to check the problem, it says that “DNS is not responding”

Windows 7 64bit here, 6 Mbps/300 kbps connection

Any ideas? please…

Sound strange. But you could try to change your DNS to something else.

Public DNS Servers

Google

OpenDNS

my connection just stops

Can you expand on that a bit Nepe?

Are you still able to open an Internet Explorer and browse to a webpage?

if you open a DOS window (Start->Run then type: Cmd) can you ping an external ip address? (try the teamspeak server or the eaf website - 77.110.1.152)

If not, are you on ADSL? Is your router/adsl modem still connected?

Thx chaps

By “stop” I mean lost TS conn, lose connection on IL2 and no conn on web browser. Next time I will try to ping the DNS server too.

The connection is by “fibra óptica” or “optic fiber” -> how do you call this in English? cable? I will check my router closer next time.

Fibre Optic cable or Optical Fibre.

If you lost connection completely it wont be the DNS. Your connection drops, which is why your PC can’t see the DNS, it can’t see anything past the router.

Do you have Fibre direct to your house?

What they do here in the UK is Fibre to the local cabinet (FTC) and then some kind of copper connection to the premises. This gives improved speed as the ratio of users can be greater because of the increased bandwidth the fibre can support.

As you say, check your router and see if anything happens to the connection. See if the router thinks the connection is still there. If the connection has dropped, your next course of action would be to your ISP.

Thinking about it, your speeds are in the ADSL range… I’d expect higher speeds with Fibre - sort of 50Mbps down at least and 1Mbps up :confused:

Yes, I could get that speed…paying much more. Internet in Spain is very expensive :mad:

And yes, its copper from the cabinet.

Thanks Keets, I will check my router next time.

Fiber all depends on the setup of the ISP.
We (my house) have fiber into our celler. But copper (normal T-Basew1000) to my apartment. The size of the connection are throttled by a box in my end that the ISP control. This box is not a router but a topbox that controls and split data trafic into pure data and IP phone, in order to use a normal phone.

If I had the use for it, the ISP could supply an 100Mb/s synconiously.

You should be able to see in the router if the carrier signal has been lost by the router and if its attempting a re-sync.

Internet in Spain is very expensive

If its expensive pricing, the ISP may well be able to throttle on incoming traffic to force you to a higher paid package. Incoming traffic will increase the more players you host for. Not sure why they’d drop the connection though as that gives a poor end customer experience.

Check your router and then start asking questions of them and give them a hard time and let them earn their money. :slight_smile:

Again same problem.

This time hosting with only 3 other pilots :frowning:

No ping to google.com

Log from my router:

Time Not Established 82000500 Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - …
Time Not Established 82000200 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
Time Not Established 82000300 Critical (3) Init RANGING Critical Ranging Request Retries exhausted
Time Not Established 82000200 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
Time Not Established 82000300 Critical (3) Init RANGING Critical Ranging Request Retries exhausted
Time Not Established 82000400 Critical (3) Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Un…
Time Not Established 82000500 Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - …

Cable Modem Status
Phy Synchronized
IP Address

—.---.—.---
Current Time

— --- – --:–:-- ----
Time Since Last Reset 0 days 00h:01m:20s
Configuration File

Cable Modem Certificate Installed
Computers Detected 1
WAN Isolation OFF

HELP! :frowning:

Time Since Last Reset 0 days 00h:01m:20s

Looks like your router rebooted???

Looking here, seems to say the other messages are nothing to worry about as they occur after the reset.

Looks like you’ll have to contact your ISP.

Looking in the web about reset problems, I found something interesting, the firewall had some options enabled. I have disabled them all, now waiting to host again :slight_smile:

Have you looked for a firmware upgrade for your router/firewall?

Yes Starfire. I hope that the firewall disable will fix the things, we will see.