Holy biplanes Batman!

PWCG 15 + RoF Refined = awesomeness!

It’s like a new game. Just had a flight with 3 DH2’s. Firstly the AI leader spotted a two seater below us and off we went. I fully expected the usual hopeless chase after miles and miles but to my surprise when it became apparent we were no going to catch up the leader broke off and resumed our original flight path.

We then bumped into a section of 4 Halb DIIs which led to a fight where we just about held them off. Then a couple of Eindeckers got stuck in and we were in a desperate situation fighting for our virtual lives. We were only saved with the timely arrival of another flight of 3 DH2’s but I still had to run away after expending all my ammo and getting a bit shot up. I crash landed on our side of the lines with the credit for 1 Halb.

It was great to see the AI getting stuck into a fight and also retiring when damaged or when the fight was no longer winnable.

Tally ho chaps, off for another mission now.

WB.

Yep seen the same results too.

The new release uses spawned planes (up to 40 at a time) moving them in and out as you move around the map.
As each is spawned it is triggered to attack anything in range and to also run for home when damaged.
Couple that with the RoF AI intelligence to not chase endlessly for a hopless cause, you end up with very immersive abnd challanging missions.

The AI seems almost human now.

I also noticed that if you are damaged and trying to escape with a couple of bandits on your tail, cut your engine. The AI is a kill machine that likes to rack them up.
Killing your engine gets the AI his kill and he’ll leave you alone then. Keep your engine running and he’ll do his best to finish you off and add you to his tally. :slight_smile: