Help! I renamed my missions.

I hope someone can help,

I’m building a series of online coop missions (in the FMB) but decided to rename several (in the MISSIONS/NET/COOP/MYMISSIONS folder), and now some of them wont fully load.

I have ensured that the ,mis and _ru.properties have the same name (so mymission.mis and mymission_ru.properties), but when I load them in the FMB a dialogue box appears telling me to STANDBY MISSION LOADING, but it never completes. I can dismiss the pop up dialogue, and what part has loaded is editable in the usual way, but quiet a few objects etc are missing.

I had a look in the .mis file and can see the objects listed, as they are in other missions I have renamed and that work.

I removed the contents of the cache folder (MISSIONS/NET/COOP/CACHE) to see if that helped but it didn’t.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

EAF19_Baz

when editing them you may of changed them to a txt file perhaps instead of a .mis file?

As a get around you could try making a duplicate set of blank missions and saving them with the required file names and then use notepad to copy the contents between .mis files?

Argh!!!

I hadn’t changed the format, but your second suggestion didn’t work; thanks for the assistance though Classic. :slight_smile:

A bit (actually quite a lot) of rebuilding is required.

EAF19_Baz

Watching this thread with interest. I had a similar “loading” problem with DCG missions on Stalingrad, but it was intermittent :eek:

I have the feeling it’s a bug on the Stalingrad map, or did you have problems on other maps, Baz?

Drop then in a zipfile and email to me and I’ll have a look.

I’ll pm my email addy.

This might happen when you open a mission in another version than the one you built it in.

Hi Baz,

I’ve finally had a chance to look at these and found the problem.

You’ve a 109F2 flight which you’ve introduced triggers. I’ve not messed about with triggers in IL2, so I don’t know what you were trying to do with this, but removing the triggers in the mission file allows it to load.

[III_JG2603_Way]
TAKEOFF_00401 223825.21 194250.83 0 0 &0
TRIGGERS 0 0 20 0
NORMFLY_401 174898.68 157944.86 500.00 320.00 &0
TRIGGERS 0 0 0 5 0
LANDING 234324.89 174100.09 0 0 &0

Changed to:

[III_JG2603_Way]
TAKEOFF_00401 223825.21 194250.83 0 0 &0
NORMFLY_401 174898.68 157944.86 500.00 320.00 &0
LANDING 234324.89 174100.09 0 0 &0

Here’s a working version - http://www.keets.org/missions/ChannelOne.rar

Ah, your gent Keets.

Thanks so much. I’m not entirely sure what triggers are either. It looks like I must have set a patrol circuit from a waypoint within their general patrol path. Im sure I’ve used this successfully before, so I shall investigate further. :confused:

Thanks again.

EAF19_Baz

What triggers are used for is to “trigger” other events when something happens. I’m guessing this was to spawn those fighters when something happens in your mission. E.g someone over flies and airbase.

Its my guess you were trying to convert a mission, single player perhaps, to a coop??

I couldn’t get your mission to load in the FMB with the triggers in there and had to remove them.

Single player to Coop… no. All I had done was rename the mission, and it stopped working, as I stated originally. Before renaming the mission I had flown it several times with Storm and Jojko, and successfully loaded it into the FMB on numerous occasions.

The fighters in question (there are two flights of two aircraft) have a delayed take off time to coincide with the approximate arrival of the players flight, and patrol patterns at certain waypoints, to ensure that if there is a substantial difference between their take off time and the players flight arriving, they are “in the area”. Other than that its a pretty simple setup. My guess is its the patrol routes, as I haven’t used them very much before and may have set them up incorrectly.

EAF19_Baz

This flight of 109F2’s is the only F2 flight in the mission and was designed to be an “intriguing distant object” and not much else. They simply take off (at a delayed time) and fly along the coast providing a dogfight opportunity (if encountered), and that’s it. I can’t think what triggered events I could have given them. They don’t even land.
At first I thought it might be the flight of 109E4’s that fly near the target airbase, because I had given them additional patrol routes at certain waypoints, and they are central to the mission.:confused:

This was always an online coop mission and had been flown on several occasions previously by myself, Storm and Jojko, so I’m grateful to you Keets for identifying this problem, and allowing me to use it again.:wink:

BEWARE OF TRIGGERED EVENTS!!!

EAF19_Baz