Hawker Hart: anyone got good refences ?

Having started doodling and building techiques for aircraft again. I had decided on having a real shot at building a Hart, all i can find in the way of plans is poor quality 3views.

Would anyone have anything that might be of use ?

In particular i am looking for either plan details of the construction, or photographs taken of each side taken as close to 90 deg to the surface as possible.

Failing that, linkage to any detail photographs, particulary of the cockpit as i can muck through with what i have on externals.

Thanks in advance folks.

Sporran

PS: I have already a set of low res photos of the Hart in Duxford, and a finnish example ( with rotary engine ).

I have also started on the basic workup, will post updates as this develops, or doesnt :roflmao:

Check your pm

Ty Painter,

Not much progress as I seem to have contracted the flu, so just some minor work done tonight.

Random thought m8
Try a query to britmodeller … off topic but this thread may be interesing

Sporran, check your pm’s

I did, thank you Painter, thanks again, unfortunatly it means… back to square one :))

Determined though !

Sporran

PS: great stuff m8, really perfect for what i need.

Back to square one? - ah sorry - I was just trying to help :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol Painter, just your images show the inacuracy of the 3view i was previously working from, so much that its easier to start again than rectify the issues.

Sporran

Got shots of Hawker Fury and Nimrod if those are any good

Thanks Phil, i have a good set of references now, taking my time and getting it right this time.

Having good references now, i made a start.

Trying to be accurate, keep the polygon count downand minimise the triangles.

Sorting out in my head what is best moddled and what would be best done at the texturing stage with bumpmaps.

Doing the vertical stab and the rudder…

Horizontal stab.

I might just add, I am finding this a real challenge, compared to vehicles and armour, aircraft are a nightmare.

Tailplane done:

cool go Colin!

What program are you using Sporran?

Enjoying watch this develop. Keep 'em coming.

Nice work Colin!

Ming

Mikke, an older version of Cinema 4d.

What i achieved tonight before flight time.

Starting to get easier now, i dont know if thats because I am remembering stuff, or if it was just the fuselage was just a pig to do. Tomorrow’s tasks, Finishing the lower wing, fleshing out the undercarriage and making a start on the upper wing.

Looks good Sporran
I like it - If you’re keeping the poly count low, will we be able to fly it?

Somewhere down the line i had intended a 602 art piece, maybe a video or two for training purposes. Whether it will be of enough quality to have someone spend the time putting it into a game engine has yet to be seen. If it is, i shall make the mesh publicaly available to anyone wishing to do the work to get it into whatever game engine they please, I personaly know next to nothing about that side of the business.

Ta for the comments though, criticism is also welcome if it apears i am going off plan a bit at any time.

Colin

Made a start on the upper wing, and noticed some irregularities on the Vertical Stabiliser and rudder, so i shall need to rectify them.

Off to fly for now then out to the pub, will get more done over the weekend.